the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Zone Alarm Beta
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:44 pm 
Well, here is an update on my previous post, the beta does seem to crash after a longer period of time, however it does still have the same error, after downloading for a time, CPU usage shoots up to 100%, forcing the download to be cancelled. I am curently in email contact with the ZoneLabs beta team and am trying to aid them in reparing the problem in future version of ZoneAlam security suite. If anyone discovers any method of fixing this error with BitTornado, please email me at zoisite@msn.com.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:42 am 
Zone Alarm is now on version 6. I wonder if they ever fixed their shit? Seriously, all of the version 5s have been complete pieces of junk. If you can't find one that works, just go back to version 4.5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:57 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Zone Alarm is now on version 6. I wonder if they ever fixed their shit? Seriously, all of the version 5s have been complete pieces of junk. If you can't find one that works, just go back to version 4.5

No Same problem in Version 6.0.631.003, unless there is a fix or work around i am unaware of.

I think i just revert back to 5.5 which worked.

Problem: torrent freezes after 60 peer connections with ZA on.
Solution: turn off ZA or use a earlier version 5.5?
Fix: none for version 6

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:01 pm 
Open ZA > Firewall tab, click the Advanced button > Check the box "Allow Outgoing DNS/DHCP in Internet Zone on High Setting" (my allow outgoing trusted zone is auto checked as well).
Thats it. :-)

Read for more info below...

If you press F1 and put in the search "DNS/DHCP", double click "Zones manage firewall security" read the High settings part, apparently these boxes should be checked by default for browsing the internet. This issue has plauged me for dayz, happy its over, spred the word (I know plenty that had it).

Thanks to micros on the ZA forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:38 pm 
The Zone Alarm setting didn't work for me :(

I recently installed ZA, but I was still running BT ok. Suddenly something happend and my BT was unable to connect at all so we opened ports, and I can connect at good speeds, but it locks up even after changing the settings.

Any more word on this? I like not having to run a firewall AND antivirus, plus we did pay for the updates. The old version of ZA doesn't get automatic updates does it?

Jewel... who is not very smart about these things but lives with someone who is. He just doesn't do the file sharing thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:08 am 
They dont fix it, i dont use it. I really liked zone alarm but had to give it up when i started using torrents. I am willing to switch back again if they fix it and i see proof in these forums that they have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:30 am 

I've been using ZA for about 9 months with no problems at all. Yes,my comp freezes over 60 connections but it does that with McAfee,Norton,F-Secure and Panda.I don't think it's anything to do with ZA,I think it's a hardware/driver problem.

Post subject: Security Suite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:15 am 
What about Zonealarm Security Suite? i have it and sometimes suddenly the dl stops and takes 100% of my CPU, but i can kill it any time it is just slowing my computer down... is it the same fucked up thing with Security Suite?

Plz give me a quick answer :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:29 pm 
I've been using the latest ZA with BitTornado for quite awhile now, and I've had no problem whatsoever.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:01 pm 
phil11 wrote:
Open ZA > Firewall tab, click the Advanced button > Check the box "Allow Outgoing DNS/DHCP in Internet Zone on High Setting" (my allow outgoing trusted zone is auto checked as well).
Thats it. :-)

Read for more info below...

If you press F1 and put in the search "DNS/DHCP", double click "Zones manage firewall security" read the High settings part, apparently these boxes should be checked by default for browsing the internet. This issue has plauged me for dayz, happy its over, spred the word (I know plenty that had it).

Thanks to micros on the ZA forum.

You sir, are a king amongst men! That did the trick for me. No more 10k/sec with no connection to peers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:10 am 
Happy torrenting...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:14 pm 

phill11 wrote:
Happy torrenting...
:roll:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7