the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:00 pm 
I followed the instructions linked above by fishy, removed ZA5 and installed 4.5. Still got a freeze up about 1.5 hours into downloading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:41 am 
Passing Through wrote:
I followed the instructions linked above by fishy, removed ZA5 and installed 4.5. Still got a freeze up about 1.5 hours into downloading.

i'd the same probleme, try installing kerio firewall!. It solve my froze and crash problem and my pc is now faster and seem more stable! wow and i was unable to run scandisk on reboot (ntfs... can't open volume for direct access) and after unistalling zonealarm it worked ! wtf! i though my windows was corupted! :shock:

Zonealarm are putting too much crap in the new version!

not sure if someone is seeding it and i don't know how but here the link to the free version (not pro) don't forget to unistall zonealarm and reboot first.

http://www.kerio.com/us/kpf_home.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:42 am 
I may have found a solution. I had this problem before. I now have Freeram XP auto-freeing in the background every 5 minutes. The connection hasn't screwed up yet. I haven't been doing it for very long, but if it messes up again, I'll come back and inform you guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:51 am 
Ah, nevermind. There it goes again. Stupid stupid ZoneAlarm.

Though it's more occasional hiccups than the system slowing goodness from before at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:59 pm 
install kerio! you'll be surprise by it! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:52 am 
Ok ZA5 might not be so good and so forth becoz of it been over excessive?

But i had never had problem with ZA4. Just dunnoe why so many ppl hate a company that is providing a free product. If u wan something even better, pay for it with Norton IS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:34 am 
Weird... I tried the free 15 day trial of Zone Alarm Pro last month, the very latest version, and it worked great for me. I had no problems what so ever using Bit Torrent. Then again, i'm only on Dial Up. Maybe it only affects broadband users?

I'm now using Norton Personal Firewall and its a pain in the ass :evil:
No matter what i do i cant get rid of that dreaded yellow light. 1k a second downloads aint fun :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:32 pm 
I'm going crazy here. ZoneAlarm 5.0 kept freezing bittornado. Obviously. Before my problem began Zonealarm would freak out and say it found a new network everytime i rebooted. I uninstall ZA 5. Install Outpost. Now everytime I try to open a torrent with Bittornado I get the "Couldn't listen - Unable to forward port via UPnp". It didnt do this before ZA 5 started doing stuff with my network. I looked at my network connections and I know have a "Internet Gateway" icon. I thought this had to do with Connection sharing and I double checked that it is all disabled. Is this Internet gateway BS causing these problems? If so how do I turn it off. Disabling it just makes my internet not work at all. Oh and im connected through a cable modem to a wired router. Thanks guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:41 am 
Anonymous wrote:
ahh ic so that's what the prob is! thnx alot!! fucking ZA!!! ZA4 was working fine... :(

You can get older versions, like v4 of ZoneAlarm at http://www.oldversion.com

Post subject: ZA 5 works
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:10 am 
im usin broadband and it works fine with bt even with like 4 torrents downloadin/uploadin,

i configured my settings in program control/ programs and rightclicked on btdownloadgui.exe and selected changes frequently. i also have it allowing all access to the internet apart from sending mail and it seems to work fine for me? i am uploadin and downloadin constantly at 25kb/s on a 512kb adsl connection. im using version ZA PRO 5.0.590.043 and not using a router.

good luck all :P

Post subject: ZA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:46 pm 
I'm using the ZA Security Suite v5.0.590.043 and have had no problems with my torrents yet in the past 2 weeks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:16 pm 
The ZA (Zone Alarm) ver. 5.xx are an easy way to get big problem with BT. The funny thing is that it seem to work fine, sometimes for hours, then suddenly........crash... :evil: It looks like the true vector monitor is the source of the problem. I have been working a long time with ZA 4.xx and BT without trouble but it started with ZA 5.xx. I don´t think it is any way a around the problem, so you just have to uninstall ZA 5.xx and find some other firewall or go back to ZA 4.xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:37 pm 
I am using zonealarm 5 the latest version and the problems have stopped. I had the same problems with zonealarm 5 but since I've upgraded they're gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:48 pm 
your talking about the update that came out less than a week ago right? named zaSuiteSetup_51_011? cause i updated ZA and no problems for me either :D

Post subject: still problems
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:20 pm 

version 5.1.011 still limits total peers/seeders to between 60-65 total here.
I even cleaned the registry after uninstalling without vsmon.exe running.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next