the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:03 pm 
I am also using ZA5 Pro 5.1.011.000 and BitTornado 0.3.7, and I don't have significant problems so far.

I see so many people downgrading, and I wonder if there are any security implications.

Steve

Post subject: Reason for downgrading
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:29 am 
Quote:
I am also using ZA5 Pro 5.1.011.000 and BitTornado 0.3.7, and I don't have significant problems so far.

I see so many people downgrading, and I wonder if there are any security implications.

Steve

The reason about people downgrading is because when ZA5 (1st version 5.0.590.015) has released, it causes freezes wiht a lot of p2p softwares like Biottornado and Emule. There is a "problem" with the tcp filter in the first version. Zonelabs did some debug and released the 2nd version (5.0.590.043) and it's still not "p2p" friendly. Here comes the 3rd version (5.1.011.000) and it seems working fine (for me). The suggestion in the zonelabs user forum while the 1st and 2nd version of ZA5 is to downgrade to version 4.5 (4.5.594.000) which is p2p friendly.

Zonelalarm Pro history :

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/i ... story.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:19 am 

Jim wrote:
scrap that, it froze eventually. have removed ZA 5 and put on sygate (its quite good actually) and gone to newest version of bitornado and have not had any probs for a couple of days now

I dropped ZA 5 for similar reasons and tried Kerio.· What a disaster!· It was nothing but slowdowns and lockups.· So I tried Sygate next, and it's been such a pleasure.

The one difficulty I might be having with Sygate and BitTornado is that, since a problem in BitTornado since version 0.3.2 keeps me from using 0.3.7, I stick with 0.3.1, which doesn't have random port selection.· If I reuse the same listening port for too long, it gets blocked on the next torrent.· I don't know whether to blame Sygate Personal Firewall for thinking my previous invocation of BitTornado didn't let go of it, or my ISP for chasing me around the ports and blocking any that I listen on too much.· So I change ports manually in BitTornado 0.3.1 whenever it occurs, or sometimes preventatively.

Post subject: A solution for me!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:42 am 
i have the same problem with those who posted here earlier -- BT freeze when Zone Alarm 5 is being use together.

my solution was, adding the "expert rules" to btdownloadgui.exe which allow any open connection through the firewall. and it woks great for me!

i have no more freezes, and even an increase in download speed compare to those days with zone alarm 4. i am a happy man indeed!! :P :D :P :D

Post subject: Re: A solution for me!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:21 am 

Alvin wrote:
i have the same problem with those who posted here earlier -- BT freeze when Zone Alarm 5 is being use together.

my solution was, adding the "expert rules" to btdownloadgui.exe which allow any open connection through the firewall. and it woks great for me!

i have no more freezes, and even an increase in download speed compare to those days with zone alarm 4. i am a happy man indeed!! :P :D :P :D

Which rules did you add?

Please list them so other know about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:54 am 
Bittornado 0.3.7 working great with Zonealarm 5.1.011 here... I did not modify anything except allowing BT full access when asked about this.
With all the different computer configurations out there, I guess YMMV.....

Post subject: Re: A solution for me!!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:03 pm 
Alvin wrote:

Hey Alvin,
Can you post the "expert rules" so everyone can know how to solve the problem??
thx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:59 pm 
Hi

People...

I Have Zone Alarm v5.1.033.000
With A Ligitimate Licence..

Bit Tornado Work Excellent And P2P Friendly...

Ciao..

Post subject: ZA5
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:35 pm 
I'm using it with Bit tornado and it works fine, u should check other programs running cause its not za5

Post subject: Works fine for me
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:48 am 
I am using Zonealarm Pro version 5.1.011.000 and everything works just fine....

Post subject: zone alarm
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:53 am 
Cloud Link wrote:
I'm still havin problems and i uninstalled zone alarm ages ago, is it possible zone alarm left something behind after i uninstalled

pissing me off cos no ones got the answer im looking for :(

Just set back your date and time from teh computer for about 1 or 2 month, and try installing again, it worked fine at my pc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:57 pm 
MR Mojo wrote:
Hi

People...

I Have Zone Alarm v5.1.033.000
With A Ligitimate Licence..

Bit Tornado Work Excellent And P2P Friendly...

Ciao..

i have one with a unLigitimate Licence and it works fine too LOL

yeah right I have a Ligitimate Licence was just kidding funny how some peeps always assume illegal copies are at fault though in stead of the software when it works fine for them with their Ligitimate Licence

as far as I know a Ligitimate Licence isn't a firewall lmao

The newest version works fine and btw even with my Ligitimate Licence I still shut zap down because a soft firewall always slows things down and seeing that if you add any malious ware to a torrent it will be seen as corupt and banned by BT why worry if the scource has it though it will be his/her last torrent ever if I had anything to do about it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:29 pm 
does zonealarm 5.5 solves the problem?/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:34 pm 
Been using Zonealarm v 4.5 hole year (with Win SP1) and it never failed me !
Currently with Bittornado 0.3.9

But NOW i want to update to Zonealarm v5.5.

Does anybody know of any issues with Bittorrent with the latest Zonealarm ??

Post subject: zone alarm & bittorrnet
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:52 pm 
Hi, I used these forums last year to set up port forwarding on my d-link di-624, the forum even had pics and its worked great. Anyway I was using zone alarm 4.5 at the time then upgraded to ZA 5, ever since the install of ZA 5 I couldn't download, lockup's etc like in this forum. I re-intsalled ZA 4.5 and everything went back to normal. Around christmas I thought I'll try upgrading again, so I downloaded ZA 5.5.062.004 and had not had any problems with it. Uses a fair bit of RAM but peerguardian uses more.
You should use peergurdian check methlabs.org out V2 should be here soon.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next