the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:38 pm 
5.5.062.004 and 0.39 work fine for me and have for a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:51 am 
The issue is that YOU NEED TO CONFIGURE IT, simply installing and mtrying to make it work wont happen, your firewall is only doing its job, it basically means that BitTornado is doing something thats deemed to be a virus, so if you delve into your autthorised programs and set it up to allow protocols it needs and ports it uses and generally do everything thats needed to configure it, you wouldnt be in here whinging about it, theirs nothing wrong with Zonealarm, its the users who dont know how to use the software.

FFS read the instructions on how to configure it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:40 am 
Its doing its job?

Causing random system reboots while using Bit Torrent is its job?

Its obviously buggy mate. Deal with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:07 pm 
I've never had any problems with ZA until after installing BT.

Now I get regular system halts where everything except my mouse pointer stops responding & my choices are HARD RESET or go & do something else for 1/2 an hour & it will have finally come good again. For a while...

I went through all the port forwarding & program access setup but the combination of ZA & BT just hangs things, even when BT is not running.

Turn off ZA's load at startup & then restart & disable TrueVector Internet Monitor service in Start -> All Programs -> Administrative Tools -> Services and all is well again.

So what is it between BT & ZA that is causing the conflict? A .DLL or something that has been changes when BT was installed maybe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:50 pm 
I've just changed from Zone Alarm to Sygate personal firewall (home version) - it is just as effective and without the problems. Free to use too. Give it a try!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:33 pm 
It's funny thing to notice that topic clearly states a fact, not a question: False... erm, Zone Alarm is Major Problem! :twisted:

Apparently most users of ZA don't realize what kind of trouble making snake oil they're using... :roll:

Post subject: Zone Alarm 5
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:04 pm 
I recently had the problem of bit tornado freezing anything between 30 seconds and an hour.
I`m using Zone Alarm security suite 5 with all recent updates.
Bit tornado has worked fine ever since I set Max Peer connections to 40.
Hope this helps.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:48 am 
i wonder if the zone alarm 5 caused the bit tornado to unable to locate the peers and seeds?

although i switched off the zone alarm, my bittornado getting the error software caused connection problem and through the days, i found out that bittornado has been locating for peers up to 10 mins or above, then tracker is located...

did any1 faced this problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:03 am 
anyone using ZA 5.5 and Azureus with problems?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:41 pm 
Hey Check this congif out for ZA 5!!!

http://forums.degreez.net/viewtopic.php ... d6addae2e8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:22 am 
i have ZA 5 i used to get good speeds about 150kb/s to 200kb/s with bit tornado, but now when i d/l movies or somthing with a lot of seeds i now get 30 k/bs or none at all, but i use limewire as well i get good speeds with those. I am considering switching to pc-illin 2005 firewall, should I?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:51 pm 
daboywonder, just use a firewall that you are sure that you can properly configure. Even the "best firewall" (which changes depending on whom you ask :lol: ) will do you no good if you don't set it up correctly. Zone Alarm is probably the easiest firewall to use, since it's geared towards novices. Instead of changing firewalls, have you tried using an older build of Zone Alarm? Version 4.5.594.000 is running without any problems on my girlfriend's computer, and works without any problems. I have asked around to try to find out what real security enhancements the newer builds have, but haven't gotten any definitive answers. It seems that most of these newer builds are just bugfixes for the initial 5.0 line. When it was released, it was a total piece of crap, and each subsequent build has been trying to iron out all the bugs. ZA/Checkpoint fixes one bug only to have another pop up, so they release another build to fix that new bug... and another bug appears... Sounds like that game carnival game Whack-A-Mole :lol:

Anyway, if you want to redownload an earlier release of Zone Alarm Free, you can find them all here http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/i ... story.html

If you want the Pro Version, they are here (remember these are still just trial versions) http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/i ... story.html

Like I said before, I suggest using 4.5.594.000 since it was the most recent truly stable release.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:53 pm 
Oh man... maybe I should have proof read my post before submitting it :oops:
I hope you can still understand it though, because I'm too lazy to type that out again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:57 pm 
used ZA5 and works well, but occasional yellow light, then clears up :?

ZA in 4.x was good, but the 5.x was when zonelabs was bought by checkpoint, so ....

Post subject: Upgrade to Beta
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:10 pm 
I was experiancing the zone alarm 5.5 problem with bit torando as well, so I went to the Zone Labs forums and downloaded the latest beta. The current beta version is very stable and offers many improvements over 5.5. It also fixes the error with bot tornado, as I am currently downloading a 4.2gb file at 125kps and have been doing so for the past 6 hours. I would advise that anyone with the zone alarm conflict simply upgrade to the latest beta version, found here:
http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/beta/index.html

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next