the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:52 am 
bittorrent is the worst thing thats ever happend to me
i thougth maybe ide give it a try and once i did get 500k/b per sec download but other than that i get 5-50k/b
FOR ALL OF U WHO WANT BETTER DOWNLOADS DO URSELF A FAVOR AND DOWNLOAD DC++ u can resume downloads and download over m/b and u have control over eveything. when people talk about bittorrent problems its such a joke. stop wasting ur time what takes u days to d/l i do in about an hour
bittorrent in a ***** nightmare

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:27 am 

DC++ is great, pity it was written by an idiot who didnt think of letting you cap your upload speed so anyone with cable is lucky to get 3k/s.

And the fact you need to share at least 500GB of stuff on most servers to actually be allowed on.

So yes, it's just great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:15 pm 
dc++ is nice and you can get 100 kB/s + but only if you find someone with a fast connection and the chances of that are slim. i have 200 gbs shared and i cant find any large servers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:04 pm 

funny, I thought it was the other way around?? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:57 am 
PixyMisa wrote:
DC++ is great, pity it was written by an idiot who didnt think of letting you cap your upload speed so anyone with cable is lucky to get 3k/s.

And the fact you need to share at least 500GB of stuff on most servers to actually be allowed on.

So yes, it's just great.

there are actually versions of DC++ that let you limit your upload speed, and download speed too.
Although, I agree on this 500GB thing. To get files on DC you must first have a great deal of files ~_~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:47 am 
Bla bla!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:00 am 
Where can i get DC++?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:58 am 
DC++ is an open source project available at http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net

I actually switched from dc++ to bittorrent, funny eh. I love torrents more, but I'd suggest joining a dedicated torrent community and not waste your time on suprnova torrents :/

Just my opinion and 2c in the pond[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:49 am 
where do you find dedicated torrent community?

Post subject: Bittorrent Community
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:06 am 
http://www.filesoup.com/board/

Post subject: DC ++
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:21 am 
I have yet to see a 500 GB limit to be qualified to download from any DC hub.
DC has some good points but I have never gotten speeds faster than 56 kb/s. Bit torrent is by far faster and has a better selection of files. Another problem with DC is some hubs won't allow certain files from your share folder. like MP3's if they want only movies. This becomes a pain having to seperate everthing. Also, alot of the good hubs are always full and you have to wait to get something.

DC has a place, but I would not put it above bit torrent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:56 pm 

I've been using dc++ for about 2 years and Its no where near as good as bittorrent, it seems like the only thing it has are the crumbs left over from irc.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]