the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:21 pm 
Run one of the downloadable memory managers such as FreeRAM XP Pro. My ram decreases steadily over the course of several minutes. When it hits 24MB, FreeRAM pushes it back up to the limit, usually around 180MB (of 384MB total). Then it starts to drop again. This happens with one or multiple BitTornados running. It's not a fix, but it keeps the computer from ultimately bogging down.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:33 pm 
i've read through the forums and i didn't see anything about this but after closing a download the exe is still found running in the task manager. it's at a low mem usage but it's a hassle to have to open up taskman and manually end the process. not sure if it's a bug or just one of those things that happens when using it.

running Bittornado T-0.3.9 on a Windows XP Home edition SP1. also, the memory usage is low 16-18 K depending on connections but the mem leak is still there. within 2 hours i drop about 100 megs.

Any ideas why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:07 pm 
nevermind...found the answer.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:39 am 

I am not to familiar with how everything works and the performance stats its giving me when i go to taskbar ,so are these stats normal, i have the client running for about 7hrs

Totals Physical Memory (K)
Handles 8578 Total 523248
Threads 369 Available 41774
Proceses 33 System Cache 357272

Commit Charge (K) Kernel Memory (K)
Total 291496 Total 32640
Limit 1279536 Paged 22600
Peak 314376 NonPaged 10040

I have a laptop using windows XP , 2.4GHZ and 512MB so can someone tell me what these figures mean or point to a website where i can find out
for example i dont know what the difference is between physical and kernel memory[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:09 am 
PIV 3.2GHz
512MB DDR XMS3700 Corsair
2 ATA HDD: 80GB and 60GB
Win XP all updates

The worst thing is that my computer freeze sometimes, and i had never seen my computer freezing since a long time.

Have same memory leak problem, cant fixed with any of the solutions found here.
Hope we all can find a way to fix it, i really love using this torrent client.

greetings,
Lagart0
PD:
Performance:
Totals
Handles 9754
Threads 447
Processes 35
Physical Memory (K)
Total 523756
Available 15354
System Cache 234561

This was only with 1 IE open and 2 BitTornado's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:33 pm 
TheSHAD0W wrote:
What's going on seems to be a problem between Python and Windows, where allocated spaces aren't being released as deftly as they ought to be. This isn't really something I can fix; I've tried sidestepping the problem, and gotten a bit of success, but not as much as I'd prefer.

Python is the programming language that BT is written in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:40 pm 
Can Shadow slowdown the speed at which the auto resume checks the hash? Sort of the way you can select how fast windows allocates disk space for the file? Yes, I know there different! Just trying to explain myself!

My PC runs fine with only 768 MB of memory, had FreeRamXP in and set it to free memory if it went under 64 MB, it never had to free up any extra memory! But over time I noticed my memory start to slowly disapeer while running BitTornado 0.3.9a!

0.3.9a (have not tried "b") is the only one I have ever had problems with! Which sucks because it's hard to defend it, when it doesn't work properly...lol!

Don't worry about a new GUI ... cosmetics can wait...let's just get Tornado up and running again!

Post subject: No problem with RAM
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:21 pm 
Just to say that is running really well for me but I spent 1024 Mo of RAM, so if you are impatient, do the same! Good Luck

Post subject: ram
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:36 pm 
copy of post to abc forum:

Hi Tim,

I have attached (email) some more pics showing ram usage in abc.

abc_ram20.bmp is after abc run all night SEEDING three torrents only (i.e., no d/l)

abc_ram21.bmp is several minutes after place all three on pause and then CLOSE (exit) abc (note NO CHANGE)

abc_ram22.bmp is after KILL process "TREE" in task mgr EACH on four instance of abc found running.

three instance were use about 3m ram, 1 instance was use about 55m ram

*** THIS PROBABLY NORMAL ***

>>>> <<<<
>>>> BUT <<<<

NOTE in abc_ram22.bmp FOUR HUGE DROP in ram usage chart as each process in turn is killed off.

AND note the "commit charge" DROP from about 650m to about 200m.

IS THIS NORMAL ??? For program to suck up 450m of (swapfile) ram?? just for UPLOADS !!!!

If program in FACT NEEDS to have lots of ram/swapfile to track lots of file pieces being uploaded efficiently that is fine of course.

BUT, we end users of this wonderful BT client of yours would like to know this so we dont tear our hair out perplexing
over why this happens.

:-)..........

Thanks for your good works Tim.

Alfred

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:40 pm 
I recently added more RAM for a total of 1.5 GB and am not seeing any leakage anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:09 am 
Ram usage is still. Leave two torrents running, come back 6 hours later and GG to slow computer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:16 pm 
THe only memory problem I'm having is that Bittornado doesn't take itself out of memory when I finish a torrent or cancel it. Once in a while it will, but most of the time I have to manually remove them from the processes. This started happening a few updates ago.

Win2k
P3 800Mhz
384 RAM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:33 am 
i have that problem too where my memory available drops sharply, but i just use the memory optimization tool in tweak-xp pro which brings my available memory back up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:16 pm 
p4 1.5 ghz
512 meg ram

each instance of Bittornado tends to take up about 40 (i assume megabytes) of commit charge, and sometimes bittornado leaves me with only 50 or 60mb free ram, and upon closing the single instance if it, frees nearly 300mb of ram

Post subject: eating all my memory
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:58 am 
is there still not a sollution for this memory problem?
bt eats almost all my memory (leaves me with 20MB of 512MB) by just running one torrent for a few minutes.. sollution?!?!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next