the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:12 pm 
Well, 3.7 seems to actually be using more RAM on my system. I didn't preallocate on this torrent, I usually do a finish allocation right when I start, but not this time. Does that make a difference? Last version I was on (3.3) never passed about 85,000 KB mem in use, and that was seeding a 6 GB torrent for 100 connections at 800 KB/s

Currently 1 torrent of 5336 MB
84 peers, 6 seeds.
D/L is ~200 KB
U/L is 290 KB/300 KB (capped) for 100 connections (max)

btdownloadgui:
5 threads
122,544 KB Peak mem usage
115,128 KB mem usage
141,100 KB VM size
~1.84 million page faults

System stats:
2x Athlon MP 2000+
1 GB DDR 266 / PC 2100 non ECC/unreg/unbuff
Windows 2000 Pro SP4 (patched)
Page file locked at 256 MB min/max (137 MB in use)
All HDD's are ATA 100/7200 RPM
Internet connection 10 Mbit fiber optic

Torrent settings:
Read/Write Buffering On
Flush cache to disk every 5 minutes
Don't allow multiple connetions from same IP
Max files open 50
Minimum number of peers 40
Refresh 500 ms
Allocation type normal
Allocation rate 10 MiB/s

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:57 am 
albeit, I'm in about 25 swarms. older versions this was not a problem, as I coul run btlaunchmany like this for weeks on end.

0.3.7 just ran out of ram (about 256mb) after only a day or so. I had about 512 mb of ram available to two instances of launchmany. One of them was killed off by the kernel and the other is using some 300mb of ram, now.

I never noticed much more than 100 mb used by 0.3.3, even when it had been running for days with loads of torrents.

I'm down with the extra memory usage if it is caching files with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:40 am 
I use ABC 2.6.8 and Im currently downloading 3 torrents and it only uses 31 MB of my ram and 1% CPU usage. :roll: 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:54 am 
I am having the memory leak issue. Last night I had 2 two torrents open at once and my rresources were reading

Total:aroung 480,000
Available: around 180,000-160,000

I wake up this morning and I ONLY have 49,000.

I shut the torrents down and goes right back to 250,000

Would some memory manager program help? I have used one in the past when running WINME(or should I say WINCRAPPY)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:49 pm 
Wud this Memory leak have anything to do with my torrents dropping to 0 download and upload rates and getting *kicked* off the net.

i have been sifting through this forum for a while now trying to find answers to this problem i have. Now i'm starting to think its my router but this memory leak may be the cause as wen i experience the problem mentioned above i do get major slowage even wen opening up a window.

I did have BT version 0.3.4 (i think its this version) but recently upgraded to 0.3.7, currently opening 2 torrents. Usually I get the problem a couple of hours into the downloads so I will wait and see if i get the same problem with this version

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:06 am 
I hope this is the right place to post...

I've been using btlaunchmany 3.2 for quite a while with no problems (memory usage is stable, cpu is bearable), but when I tried btlaunchmany 3.7 I discovered memory usage ballooned to least 3 times more than previous.

Needless to say I reverted back to 3.2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:05 pm 
Link wrote:
Wud this Memory leak have anything to do with my torrents dropping to 0 download and upload rates and getting *kicked* off the net.

i have been sifting through this forum for a while now trying to find answers to this problem i have. Now i'm starting to think its my router but this memory leak may be the cause as wen i experience the problem mentioned above i do get major slowage even wen opening up a window.

I did have BT version 0.3.4 (i think its this version) but recently upgraded to 0.3.7, currently opening 2 torrents. Usually I get the problem a couple of hours into the downloads so I will wait and see if i get the same problem with this version

Been having the same problem with torrents dropping to zero and getting kicked off my connection. The RAM leaking is so bad that if I try burning any cd-r's while using bittornado 3.7 I can sit and watch the buffer go from 100% all the way down to 0 and the burn fails. Something really needs to be fixed on this program.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:12 pm 
I have been a long time user of TheSHADOW's clients, but because of the severe memory leaks I have had to switch over to ABC since it is built on an earlier client that didn't have these issues. I still come here to check for any updates to BitTornado, but until this gets fixed, I cannot use it on my computers... even though one has 512MB RAM and the other is 1.5GB RAM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:58 pm 
Well I switched over to azureus, which I've never used before and the memory leaks and zero'ing out have stopped.

I love Bittornado, so hopefully the memory problem will be fixed since I'd much rather use this instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:18 am 
Thanks for all the feeb back in this forum. I almost gave up on all torrents because they always seemed to make me have memory dumps after 15 minutes of downloading. BitTornado is by far the best torrent client out there, The pre-allocated feature does slow your download speed down but has stop my torrents from crashing pc. Small price to pay to get the things we love.... :D

Hats off to the creater of BitTonado you did one hell of a job with the program and the features it offers are great.

Thank You

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:00 pm 
I seem to be having memory leaks happening to me as well. BT uses about 40mbs of memory. Which I really dont mind, but the CPU usage will reach 100% and then I would have to restart BT.

Ive also noticed that this problem only occurs on some torrents, and not all. Some I can download the whole thing without any propblems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:39 am 
Bittornado makes my computer very sluggish, this doesnt happens with any other P2P programs
In the older version it didnt happen, please SHADOW address this issue, by far Bittornado is my favorite bittorrent clien, I love its simplicity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:37 pm 
Well, reinstalled my windows a while back and have once gain got the memory leak.

You start with ~300mb free memory only to have 60 or less a bunch of minutes later.

I now have FreeRam Xp Pro 1.40 running along with my torrents. It will free up my memory whenever it drops to 60mb. It has freed 6.618mb within 5days so far :(
It does have a downside, the program tends to push a tad too much into the pagefile (generaly it goes from 225mb to 325mb at the most). But atleast I can download torrents.

Going to start trying out other programs.

Anyway, others searching for a program to free their memory:
http://www.yourwaresolutions.com/produc ... RAM_XP_Pro

it's freeware (no spy/add-ware)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:25 am 
I too am having problems with shutdowns, freezes, and RAM deterioration in Windows XP. I don't freeze or go low for days until I get 1-2 Torrents downloading and then my RAM is gone in a little less than 45 min.

My current configuration is:
ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe MB
P4 3.4 Extreme HT 800 Mhz Processor
Corsair Xtreme PC-3200 RAM - 1 GB

Physical Memory Prior to starting BT:
Total 1047276
Available 798184
System Cache 498848

Physical Memory after 35 minutes:
(Running only two open BT DL's of 435 MB and one is 3.5 GB)
Total 1047276
Available 58659
System Cache 965189
I am posting this message now before I actually freeze :)

I usually freeze after about 45 min of use and doing other standard things on my PC like browsing the internet. I have no spyware, no malware, and the only processes running are windows ones, my firewall and antivirus, a printer monitor, and adobe plugins.

I also do not freeze or run low on memory EVER unless I am running BitTornado 0.3.7. I can run for days or weeks without a reboot and tax my system resources heavily while working and not freeze.

Hope this helps. If there is anything else I can do to help provide more information just ask. I will provide you with anything I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:51 am 
I had trouble downloading this torrent, kept on freezing up every 10 mins or so, so i changed the following settings

max peer connections to 40, max download speed to 50 in prefs and advanced.

and then the freezing stopped. The download is slower but its better then checking on the computer every 30 mins to see if the download is still downloading or has stopped.

Hope this helps

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next