the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:48 am 
A cox communications tech support rep confirmed to me that they now block Bittorrent traffic going outside their network at the packet (not port) level.

You need to get a business line in order to use BT on cox.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:35 am 
Azureus and uTorrent implement encryption; specs here:

http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/index.p ... Encryption

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:06 pm 
Is there any chance Encryption will be incorporated into BitTornado?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:09 am 

Guys vote in my poll, hopefully Shadow will notice that we really want it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:46 pm 

you can add insightbroadband to the list.
can't get over 35kb down.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:43 pm 

Hey hows it going guys, first time reading your forum and its got a lot of great info. Ive been using Torrents for a while now and have been very lucky not to have run into to many problems. Im trying to run ABC Bittorent Client 3.1 through 2 routers that ive set up and am having quite a bit of trouble getting in the "green". All the torrents ive setup have all had no imcomming connections "yellow". But my previous Setup it was all good. Im able to setup the port folwarding on the router connected to the PC thats running the torrents but im not quite sure how to setup the other router. Ive been reading through tons of posts you guys have and havnt come across anything yet to resolve the issue. Also ive been getting Dissconnects that usually occure when you have to many peers/connections going on, but i have that set down to a minimum and still am getting DCed from time to time and have to reset the connection. Ive dissabled all firewalls as well and checked to make sure the ports are oppened for the connection. I'll keep trolling around for a solution but if anyone can help me out that would be awesome. =)Thanks in advance and sory for the long post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:56 pm 

Quote:
iptables and ipp2p patch seem to work

nope. Only works with unencrypted packets on standard-ports :wink:
Quote:
(I am a network administrator)

Nah, you´re not . Maybe you WILL be one, some day 8)
Quote:
And no ISP would use Linux for its core routing. No serious ISP anyways.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:25 pm 

I'm working on this problem, too. But I'm not terribly knowledgeable. I'm in Japan and live in the boonies of my town, so for the longest time I was on ISDN dial-up. But recently I've switched to a service called E-Mobile. Don't knock these things. Now on Bittornado I can achieve a 145 kB/s as opposed to previously when I was lucky to sometimes hit 10.

The thing is, when I'm seeding I can't seem to hit higher than 45 kB/s and a lot of people seem to be choked. Get that problem when downloading, too. Choked and snubbed. So, is there a way to change this? So I can seed at a good rate?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:17 am 

Jill wrote:
The thing is, when I'm seeding I can't seem to hit higher than 45 kB/s and a lot of people seem to be choked. Get that problem when downloading, too. Choked and snubbed. So, is there a way to change this? So I can seed at a good rate?

Set your Upload-Rate to about 80% of your Upload-Bandwith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:05 am 

Franklin wrote:FYI:
There are several ISPs attempting to block ports and or services, Ive recently learned the hard way that a Belgian ISP is blocking remote telnet access via packet sniffing.

I would theorize that the only way to get these ports or services unblocked is to use their "business edition" of ISP service, which may break the bank in your monthly budget

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12