the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:14 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: question...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:55 pm 
I was checking the prefrence box, and next to port range there is a small box that says randomize... will that fix the problem (if checked) automatically or do I still have to do something else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:11 am 
TheSHAD0W wrote:
BitTornado T-0.3.12 has been released....and the addition of a little sneakiness to help keep ISPs from killing connections to seed clients.

Is this similar to the 'Protocol Header Encrypt' function recently introduced in Bitcomet 0.60? Coz my ISP has resorted to bittorrent packet-shaping, and the 'Protocol Header Encrypt' option really does work great when I'm connected to peers using Bitcomet 0.60.

Any info on this matter is appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:31 pm 
ISPs throttle your upload speed based on TIME. it doesn't matter what ports you use. just fyi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:21 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
TheSHAD0W wrote:
BitTornado T-0.3.12 has been released....and the addition of a little sneakiness to help keep ISPs from killing connections to seed clients.

Is this similar to the 'Protocol Header Encrypt' function recently introduced in Bitcomet 0.60? Coz my ISP has resorted to bittorrent packet-shaping, and the 'Protocol Header Encrypt' option really does work great when I'm connected to peers using Bitcomet 0.60.

I was about to ask the same thing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:27 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
TheSHAD0W wrote:

Ya this really sucks i believe my ISP has started doing the same as starting from 4 days ago i havent been able to connect to any trackers (where as my friends with a different ISP could.)I love BitTornado and have been using it for a very long time but i had to use BitComet as no other BT client can seem to dl anymore except it. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:55 pm 
Yeah thank god for Bitcomet. When Im connected to peers using Bitcomet 0.60, I can easily max out my download and upload.

If only all the authors of different bittorrent programs would agree to implement the same sort of encryption....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:52 am 
surreyB.C wrote:
alrite just a couple days a ago my BT was doing fine downlading at 100+ kb/s for active torrents...NOW it downloads at 10-20 kb/s uploading at about 10 kb/s average and i was using default ports ( 6881-6999 )

i did what shadow said i changed the ports between 10000-60000 but sorry to say nothing works and speeds are always crap im guessing this because my upload rates are crap so no one uploads to me....if ANYONE knows a way plz tell me im on a cable ISP called shaw and looks like they targeted me...

Shaw targets 'areas' of high p2p bandwidth usage and they look at that little bit flag that IDs bit torrent clients and they then apply their bandwidth shaping stuff... and voila, your upload speed sucks and therefore affects your download speed. I have been fighting with theose ^$*%@)(& for over a month over this. I am really pissed because I am a SOHO user and I'm also paying for their Extreme speed... The info about 'shaping' etc. id DIRECT from the horses mouth as they say...

I could say more but my language would get this reply deleted. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:43 pm 
Seriously?? I am using Shaw as well, but not in BC, will they throttle bandiwdth , etc? Is there a solution to this? You said you took over a month for this problem, did you manage to resolve the issue??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:15 am 
Use a proxy server for tracker connections : (like I2P), or try using Azureus
with the I2P plugin.. And if that's not enough make all the traffic go through
I2P... This will make it impossible for the ISP to detect if using BT, or anything else... (This worked for me)

NOTE : When using I2P with a BT client, you need to set the proxy for tracker connections as HTTP 1.1, localhost (127.0.0.1) running on port 4444

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:11 am 
its you thats talking shit. i am with talktalk in the uk 6 months ago they shut peer tp peer down for 2 weeks when it came back on its throttled to hell i rang them up to be told " talktalk do not support p2p in any way all p2p is now run through a restricted server" i get to use p2p from 12am to 6 am thankfully only 10 days left in my contract isps are singling out p2p i have the proof

Anonymous wrote:
This has become such a shit storm of paranoia.

Why would any ISP single out bittorrent over other p2p apps that generate just as much bandwidth overheads? Get a grip.

That fact that many of you have changed ports and noticed no considerable difference (some saying it's worse on different ports :lol:), just goes to show that it's not something that most ISP's are doing.

It's p2p, the speed you get depends on the other users. I have 25kb/s spread over 5 upload slots, so pretty much every user I upload to gets 5kb/s as long as their downstream can match. Funny that everytime I look at the advanced screen the download speeds I'm getting from others are closeer to 1kb/s or 2kb/s. So realistically I have to be connected to between 50-100 other peers to max out my download bandwidth, Uh huh, like that's going to happen.

Unless other people are prepared to upload at decent speeds, there's no damn way you're can download at decent speeds. I just dont understand why people dont upload, it doesn't completely fuck up your download speed as bad as people think. Just extreme paranoia again. I know I used to think that way, but now I get my upload bandwidth maxed out 24/7 all day long, and still download at crazy speeds (generally on other p2p).

I guarantee that if you found 20 other people on the same torrent, all without their uploads capped, you'd find that BT was just as good as ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:05 pm 
[quote="Anonymous"]omfg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:41 pm 
Man I'm so lucky.

My ISP is Blueyonder (UK) and they are the best ISP in the UK (at least) IMO because they just leave you to it!

The speed they advertise is ALWAYS the speed you get (even though it's Cable Broadband) - no speed dips in peak hours, they don't throttle anything, they don't have any download/upload limits, PLUS they're quite cheap and they increase the speed of their network significantly regularly (in the last 5 years my connection has gone from 512Kbps -> 768Kbps -> 1Mbps -> 4Mbps and the price has dropped by £3 per month!).

Go Blueyonder!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:44 pm 
Oh, I forgot something, they also have decent Upload speeds for cable (4Mbps downstream has 378Kbps upstream)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:23 pm 
My ISP is wierd.. no matter what port i seed on no one can connect for a few hours.. then if someone connects (and is firewalled using a nonstandard BT port) .. they can download, but people on 6881-6888 can't connect to me.

However, port 6881 isn't being blocked, because if i either set up a web site on a server on the internet on 6881 i can view it.. and if i set up a web server on my home network using 6881 i can view the page from another host on the internet.

It seems that it's definitely possible for ISP's to block BT traffic without blocking access to the port.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:25 pm 
and i can get 2MB/s upload speeds when it's working :)

maybe they're getting sick of me uploading like 20 gigs a month
sucks because it's all legal music.. i can see them wanting to stop pirating and whatnot but it's rediculous that they try to block you from sharing legitimate, legal files.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next