the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:20 am 
Guest wrote:
I like azureus, i get really fast download rates with it, but it eats up CPU cycles like hell, as well as memory.

I never seem to have these problems with Azureus and resource hogging ;\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:19 pm 
It does if its a batch torrent and its about 5 gigs in size. but even normally, it uses up more juice than the standard client or bittornado.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:58 am 
I have service pack 2 and i use BitTornado client and i have no problems at all :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:21 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
It does if its a batch torrent and its about 5 gigs in size. but even normally, it uses up more juice than the standard client or bittornado.

Yeah, I see what you mean now :)

1 hour away from having service pack 2, so I'll see for myself hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:04 pm 

Well if you want it to work, I suggest turning off that stupid M$ firewall. Well I shouldn't say stupid because M$ is just playing it safe for nublets. Just disable it and make sure you turn it off under services also. If you are scared and worried a hacker will hack YOU then just get a firewall that you know how to control easy. I use Trendmicro AV/Firewall. It has a function that protects me from worms(low security/"home connection"), or a function to block ports which you open/close manually (medium security/direct connection).

~Matt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:51 am 
I once accidentally switched on my zonealarm firewall and found bittorrent trying to send out e-mail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:06 am 

No, BitTorrent does not send email. It may at times connect to users who are running their client on their SMTP port because those users have high port ranges firewalled but are allowed SMTP access, and to an unintelligent scanner this might appear to be an email transaction.

You can verify this behavior by attempting to access the IP ZoneAlarm captured via SMTP. Alternatively, try sending that IP/port combination a BitTorrent handshake ("BitTorrent protocol" followed by the 20-byte binary infohash) and see if it responds.

Also note that if your torrent's tracker has its security disabled, it's possible for an attacker to tell a tracker that a host/port is running as a client when it is not. If this is the case, please inform the tracker's administrator that running the tracker in that condition is a Bad Thing. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:37 pm 
The firewall in SP2 is a 3rd party fw from Computer Associates called EZ Trust...recieved a copy with that free 'Security Update' CD that ms sent out for free to those that ordered one. I got it outta curiousity and was supprised to see that the ez trust cd came with it. Haven't tried it out yet (nor the security update cd...will wait 4 sp2)...it may be avail online 4 free, I dunno...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:05 pm 
Azureus works with XP SP2 RC1. BitComet also works: http://www.bitcomet.com/

Also, if you all wanna try an alpha client: www.moonlighttorrent.com

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:58 pm 

Bittornado works with SP2...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:59 am 

The latest SP2 works with BitTornado for me.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2