the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:57 am 
Almost all of the BitTornado clients I scanned show up as "PurityScan" by PestPatrol :? And yes, they were all downloaded directly from this site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:04 am 

robber576: It looks like this malware actually installs BitTorrent; not sure whether it's one of Bram's releases or one of mine. I'll contact them and see exactly what's going on.

Guest: I'd appreciate if you'd contact them and ask them to investigate whether my software actually contains that trojan. Most likely they're keying on the NSIS installer script, which all BitTorrent software uses IMO, and which in itself is harmless but which some malware uses for installation as well. http://nsis.sourceforge.net/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:40 pm 

Thank you Shadow for your time and effort (and mail) and reasurance .

In the mean time i already read myself on a few webpages about the badbitor.a report by trent micro which apperently is triggered by a torrent install so i am now reasonably sure that i am not a spyware "radiostation" 8) .

So my question is already partially answered, if you , in time, would figure out the rest (and report your findings in this topic?) i would be very thankful.

I also asume that it is in your interest; if i would have been a novice user i would by now removed your software and never looked at it again....

Anyway; thank you and keep up the good work!, i enjoy using your software!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:01 am 
I sent the files to PestPatrol but I have not heard back from them... their customer service has never been that great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:09 am 
I thought that original person was flaming too, but when I ran Pest Patrol, it too did come up with Purity Scan as a pest for I believe the uninstall file for BitTornado.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:13 am 
also, I am using 3.7 stable release. FYI, I am the person who posted
Quote:
I thought that original person was flaming too, but when I ran Pest Patrol, it too did come up with Purity Scan as a pest for I believe the uninstall file for BitTornado.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:03 pm 

The uninstall file is created by NSIS, and if the filenames are the same as the official BitTorrent or BitTornado I wouldn't be surprised if the files were identical.

Post subject: re: Major Problems
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:09 pm 
If it helps, I just read yesterday or day before that Adaware makes false/postives with Spybot S&D as related to 180Solutions. Do you have it installed?
Just a thought
T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:12 am 
Wow. I think I'll just watch television.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:32 am 
I am posting this just to inform ppl. I appericate all the work developers of apps like BitTornado put in to these apps and do it for free. However I, just today 5/05/05 downloaded BT 3.7 from your site. I had PestPatrol running in memory and when I went to install BT I got a PP popup stating it had found the pest "Purityscan".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:39 pm 
umm all other major ad/spyware + trojan scanners don't even mark BitTornado as anything suspicious, Pest Patrol is just screwed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:22 am 
Pest Patrol is f'ed up. Bit Tornado doesn't install spywares or adwares into your computer. Me and my friends uses the same Bit Tornado program and no problems found with it. Scanned with Spy Doctor, Spy Sweeper, Spybot, and Ad-Aware, no spyware found on Bit Tornado. Those who did probably already have spyware in there computer at the first place and now that it showed up, they blame it on Bit Tornado, such ignorant people. Get a life! Bit Tornado is the best!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:30 am 
You fuckers need to learn to read :!:

TheSHAD0W already covered all that PestPatrol and PurityScan stuff.
Quote:
I'd appreciate if you'd contact them and ask them to investigate whether my software actually contains that trojan. Most likely they're keying on the NSIS installer script, which all BitTorrent software uses IMO, and which in itself is harmless but which some malware uses for installation as well. http://nsis.sourceforge.net/

Everyone who uses PestPatrol, needs to complain to them, since they are the only anti-spyware developer that flags BT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:14 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
lance wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
I think you're talking about Jython. Notice it says BT is written in Python not Jython. :roll: Please keep posting lance, you make me laugh.

Here's a couple links for you to look at.
Python> http://www.python.org/
http://www.python.org/doc/Summary.html

Jython> http://www.jython.org/
http://www.jython.org/docs/whatis.html

hey faggot, java started the object oriented programing and puthon copiy it. i think ur too dumb to know what is OOP. :lol:

hey retard, i think u mean basic. i think ur too dumb to stop talking out of ur ass :lol:

Actually, BASIC isn't exactly known for being object oriented. The first one was Simula 67, and then there's Smalltalk which is known for being quite extreme about it. Java is rather young.

Sorry for bringing this offtopic er - thing - up again, but I found the statement(s) quite appalling. What do the schools teach the children nowadays?

Post subject: Ha !
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:58 pm 
Well that guy says Java is the mother of programming languages of somtething, and I think he's right (without knowing it...) !

Java is more or less C++, in a more verbose and bloated version, and with garbage collection and a huge, impossible to understand standard library, and a huge collection of ultra complex tools that are impossible to fit in a brain.

It's great for computer engineers because it gives them jobs ! It's the new Cobol ! Just think about it, it takes about 10 times longer to do anything in Java than in any decently dynamic language like Python. So it creates 10x more jobs ! Hail Java !

It makes computer science just like in the old times, huge and impossible to understand ! Great !

Java guys use a very complicated language in which you have to do very complicated things to do simple stuff. So they build really complicated frameworks and abstract design patterns and development environments like Eclipse and stuff to do that work for them.

Meanwhile, people get work done with real languages.

I've noticed that applications written in Java have a tendency to overbloat and kill the computer and not work, whether applications written in Python have a tendency to just work.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next