the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:25 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:43 am 
I was running Shadow 5.8.7 with no problems. Then I installed BitTornado 0.1.3 and all my torrents opened with the getaddrinfo error. I know this happens sometimes, so I left them open for about 4 hours with none actually connecting (4 different torrents all from different release groups).

I tried rebooting and starting torrents again. No dice. I tried uninstalling tornado and restarting torrents, no dice. I uninstalled shadow 5.8.7, rebooted, reinstalled 5.8.7 and rebooted again. The torrents have been open for about 5 hours now and they are all still stuck on the getaddrinfo error.

No other programs have issues seeing the internet (no firewall other than from wireless router). The only change I made was installing tornado. I think I'm past the normal newbie issues and the fact that all of the torrents from different trackers and release groups all have the same error mean this isn't just the tracker overloaded. Anyone have any suggestions of how to continue troubleshooting this issue?

Thanks,
Darzog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:30 pm 

Typically, this is an access-control-capable firewall program detecting the change in software and removing its access permissions. If you have ZoneAlarm, make sure you haven't turned off learning mode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:28 pm 
At the moment I only have the firewall built into my wireless router running. It has never restricted a pogram before (that I'm aware of) so I think there's probably another issue.

Hopefully when I get home they'll all be working and I'll feel like a newbie again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:27 pm 
OK, I'm still not sure what was causing the original problem but I got it straightened out. It turns out the client wasn't seeing the internet at all, so I was correct in thinking it wasn't a tracker issue.

It seems having more than 1 BT client installed was contributing to the issue (or it may have been the entire issue). I tried removing all and installing ABC but that still didn't work. I then removed ABC as well, then reinstalled 5.8.7 and torrents started working again.

That still doesn't let me use the latest release but at least I can torrent again. If anyone has any other suggestions of things to try, I'm all ears.

Darzog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:17 am 

well, i have the same problem as you. I tried to open the bt from different released subbers. but i keep getting the same error.
how do i fix this? i didn't have anything else installed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:01 pm 

lupe wrote:
well, i have the same problem as you. I tried to open the bt from different released subbers. but i keep getting the same error.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:15 pm 

lupe wrote:
:roll:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]