the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:15 pm 
OK. I have tested both of my computers. It seems that with ZA5, it crashes the computer. I forced BT to quit, and NOTHING works. Can't shut down, can't open ANYTHING.

Second computer. Same thing. Forced crash BT when the download stopped. Nothing worked.

I uninstalled ZA and use Sygate on both computers. Downloading has resumed! No crashes! No massive amounts of CPU being used.

I suggest that people uninstall ZA5 if you want BT to work properly and if you are worried about not having a firewall, use Sygate.

My two cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:51 pm 

Exactly! If you read you would have saw this.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:22 am 
ahh ic so that's what the prob is! thnx alot!! fucking ZA!!! ZA4 was working fine... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:39 am 
I think it was the TrueVektor program hiding in the back... So shutting down the program was not goot inoth....

Thanks for POST.

Rock ON!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:44 am 

TrueVector is one of the filters that is put in place in TCP/IP when ZoneAlarm is installed.

All the filters that ZoneAlarm install cause problems with medium to high traffic applications including BitTorrent and many other p2p apps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:46 pm 
No problem guys! Man it was really ticking me off.... Computer slows down to a halt. Hope it doesn't happen anymore!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:45 am 

huh zonealarm still exists? my word it used to crash without me knowing it several years back, leaving my pc open for whoever, i thought the company would just die or something
i believe i also once had to format my pc for it, anyway, if zonalarm crashed, you couldn't see it crashed, it just sat there in systray doing nothing at all untill i forced it to close with great havoc

Post subject: ZA5 is such a pain
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:27 am 
ZA5 is such a pain. It freezes Bittornado and it freezes my Bnbt easy tracker. After all, ZA5 sucks with everything related with bittorrent on my computer. Wasted some time to check my hardwares before noticing that is ZA5 that caused me all the trouble...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:03 am 
can someone tell me how to uninstall ZA5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:41 pm 
I'm still havin problems and i uninstalled zone alarm ages ago, is it possible zone alarm left something behind after i uninstalled

pissing me off cos no ones got the answer im looking for :(

Post subject: uninstall zone alarm
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:10 pm 
to uninstall zone alarm you have to right click on the za icon in the task bar and shut down zone alarm. then you can completley uninstall zone alarm. i got this from the zone alarm web site. if you don't shut it down it will not completley uninstall. :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:26 pm 
Drakuun wrote:
huh zonealarm still exists? my word it used to crash without me knowing it several years back, leaving my pc open for whoever, i thought the company would just die or something
i believe i also once had to format my pc for it, anyway, if zonalarm crashed, you couldn't see it crashed, it just sat there in systray doing nothing at all untill i forced it to close with great havoc

ZA version 4.x was actually pretty good. I had it running on my computer 24/7 for several months without a word of protest. It stealthed everything fine; did all the security stuff I could ask, and never protested, even when I had it running while downloading twelve torrents in parallel; all in all, pretty good.

Unfortunately they had to "upgrade" to ZA 5, which seems to choke and die when dozens of local and remote connections are made through it, bringing everything to a standstill until enough of the connections time themselves out. This sucks mightily, to the extent that I've now gotten rid of ZA, relying solely on my NAT firewall forevermore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:37 am 

hmm did it, well i had a pretty early version, it was when zonalarm just came out n stuff

but how do you know your za4 worked all the time? you could look at it, but it was doing nothing, i forgot how i realized it really didn't do anything and it just had crashed at some point, but i knew it was
but i guess they solved this one pretty quick, and they had to else there'd be thousands of unprotected puters out there, with ppl feeling safe oO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:00 pm 
I've had the same problem with bittornado and ZAP5, so I'm still using ZAP 4.5 for the time being.
Although, if you have a better idea please share! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:32 am 
ZAP5 had problems connecting to my IRC servers also.

Even when ZAP was closed it still ran the TrueVector monitor... was fo0kin' annoying!

I'm using Kerio now and am extremely happy =)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next