the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:10 am 

I like a lot of others are having the problem of the client freezing when connected to too many peers. In my case it freezes when it hits 57 peers. As per the faq lowering the max number of peers in the options does solve the freezing problem but the available options drop from 60(which freezes) to 40. Is there no way of setting it somewhere inbetween(50-55) as having the max at only 40 seems to have a significant impact on my download speed. If its not possible at the moment, could it be added to the next version? Or is there another client that has the option for 55 peers but still has the options to cap upload speed? Also does anyone know what actually is causing this problem as I have been using bittorrent for quite a few months now with the same setup but the problem only started happening over the last couple of weeks.

Thanks in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:26 pm 
Hell yea same here dude

I just dled the latest version, had the second newest but went to the newly updated and shit if it freezes on me. The one before that didnt so why does this new version?

I mean the new version cant possibly have that much more features than the old (which I cant really tell unless its in advanced). :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:57 am 

You can set the max number of peers you connect to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:47 pm 

What version of windows are you people using and what network cards do you have? Also, what software firewalls do you have installed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:21 am 
THANKS for replying

I really want to fix this shit, well I am running windows xp pro sp1. Network card is built in VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter thats built into my motherboard. My Firewalls sygate pro version 5.5 build 2525

It shouldnt be my network card, the last update of shadows bt worked fine
it shouldnt be my firewall, it worked fine with the last version of shadows bt

Why is this new version freezing up on me, Im on a 1.5ghz 1800xp amd with 768 pc2100 ddram

It just shouldnt start freezing, like the poster said we shouldnt have to limit the number of peers and get slower download speeds just because the program was updated with a few fix's that should make the program more helpful/improved but heck its just not even workable unless I set the peers to 40 and the improvments of the new version of bt cant be worth the slower dl speed I get, a lot of users are geting this. I went into advanced and changed the setups where my programs dont get priority and that my services and (whatever hte other was) gets priorty

restarted and my computer was using 16bit color and nothing would run, so I switched back and everythings fine but the program still freezes. I was going to use azurus (sp) and shit I dont like it one bit lol

any helps greatly appreciated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:48 pm 

I'm using windows XP with all the updates. My modem is a speedtouch 330 usb and I've tried all available drivers but the problem is there with them all. I too use sygate personal firewall, although as a test I tried it with the firewall turned off and it still froze. I have also made sure that XP's built in firewall is disabled.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]