the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:27 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:48 am 

Ok i also read a similar post, but the problem was different
http://forums.degreez.net/viewtopic.php?t=154

ok i have a good computer p3.2/800fsb with 1gig ram/400ddr os w2k
my connection is on a fiber line..
now normally i upload and download at very good speeds, because i don't have the restrictions of uploading slow, normally when i start, i see everyones speed push by at least 50-100k
so i am normally uploading anything between 1000-2000k and that normally brings my download to around 500k (most of the time)..
now
my problem is that every 5-10 min i have to use a memory program (ramidle) to restore memory.. because i see it go down all the time.. and it sometimes reaches 30mb (it starts around 850mb)
and if i am not near the pc, my computer crashes and restarts or starts beeping..
I have used other clients, and was refered to your client, because its supposed to have "fast resume" .. but i have the same proiblem with it..

please how can i fix the problem ? can i disable the cashe completely ?
and if yes ..how ?

I have made a page of the way things happen, with screenshots (small ones) and the program used was taskinfo2003..
plz check it out.. to see exactly what i mean..

http://w1.461.telia.com/~u46126062/b/client.html

when my download is finished, i can upload at any speed with np, and the memory immediately shoots back to 850-900mb (because there is no writting)..
one solution i have is to limit my upload and number of users..but i want to keep uploading and downloading at high speeds :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:05 am 

zeozaza wrote:
and if i am not near the pc, my computer crashes and restarts or starts beeping..

Which version of Windows are you running?
And could you post screenshots of the second and third pane of task manager?
And does your computer really crash or restart or do you just assume it will?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:18 pm 
Quote:
And does your computer really crash or restart or do you just assume it will?

Ok i should have explained it more..I have an intel mobo, and with it comes "Intel Active Monitor".. It checks temps and that sort of stuff..
now when the caching goes on for a while, and i flush the memory again and again.. it bringing up the temp of the cpu.. which gives me an alert.. which eventually leads to an auto shutdown..

anyway i got if fixed a little, by changing the option in advanced for allocating to "pre-allocate"..
It feels a little better.. I think some more testing is needed !

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]