the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:03 pm 

I have been downloading several files and have noticed something interesting. For some reason the downloaded files(files on my comp) are the same size as the the completed file(what torrent says the total file size is) but the download screen says that I only have 20% or so. Anyone have any ideas on this discrepancy :shock: ? I tried to use the downloaded file but it fails to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:27 pm 

you may have your "disk allocation type" in advanced set to "pre-allocate". Set it to "normal" instead and it won't pre-allocate anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:16 pm 
All of my downloads had that setting at normal, but the the allocation rate was set to 20 instead of the default 2. Could that have been the issue? If so why isn't it doing that on all the files?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:56 pm 
If you do background allocation ("complete allocation" button) it will fill up the file space. Also, setting allocation to "sparse" will generate files like this, but I strongly recommend you not use sparse on Windows machines.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:15 pm 
I download some files big files. I had to cancel downloading for reboot when I restarted files to download shadow's experimental shows half of the size downloaded to the disk. for example there is a AVI file with size of 715 megabytes and information in torrnet is that file size is 715 mb but the progress strip is in its half way to the succes of download. i didn't change anything i 'prefs' eg. disk allocation or whatever. what is going on ? :? thanks 4 the help

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]