the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:43 pm 
Hi.. I'm new to BitTorrent and it's looking great but I have a couple of questions:

1: Will my download speed be equal to your up-load speed, or will I be able to use my connection fully. Eg. upload with 8 kb/sec. and download with 30 kb/sec.?

2: If I move my downloaded files will other users be able to upload them or should I just leave them where I dl them to?

3: If I wanna install shad0ws experimental client should I choose the stable one or the 0.0.1 version?

4: Should I uninstall the original client before installing the experimental one, or can I have both installed at the same time?

Sorry if you have answered these questions before... I couldn't find an exact answer to them searching the forum :)

Most appriciated - Robbie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:25 am 
Dosen't anybody know the answer to at least some of the questions asked?

Please...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:10 pm 
1. No it should use your downsteam more than your upstream (though atm I'm uploading at 50k, and downloading at 5k, go figure stingy bastids leeching methinks :()

2. You only help distribute the file while you download it. If you move the file while it attempts to download, the answer is obvious.

3. Thats a choice you have to make, its not been unstable for me...

4.I installed over the top, seems fine. Though it did install to the same location :).

I came here looking for a way to get this file faster than 5k a sec, seems the forum regulars on here are not all that helpful eh :P - Tink

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:41 pm 
Cheers Tink :D

Maybe the regulars just haven't noticed the post :? But I'm glad you were here to answer my questions!
When using the normal torrent my upload was a little bigger than my download and surfing the net was virtually impossible... Now with the new torrent (tornado) I have cut my upload to 7 kb/s (max. is 8) and both my surfing and my download have benefited.... Thanks :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]