the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:57 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: sad
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:33 pm 
sad to see someone that ups 10 get 250KB down where so many of us upload higher and get much slower downloads, guess it serves to illustrate life is unfair :/
How about getting a better ISP though, 2GB upload limit seems a bit extreme meagre nowadays

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:55 pm 

TnT wrote:
Call it what you want, but tell me, if you download at 200 Kbps, and you MAX possible is 50 Kbps, you have to keep the torrent open for 4 times longer than it took you to download it. Now, consider most ISP (At least the ones around here) give a max of 2 - 4 GB per month TOTAL upload bandwidth allowed. Now, say you download a 10 GB file, and you share as much as you download. Guess what happens now? Your ISP bans you for a month because you used more than your allowed upload total.

So, in effect, your ISP limits you to something worse than dial-up?

On dial-up, assuming you can upload 3 kilobytes/sec consistently for long periods of time, you could upload 2 gigs in roughly 8 days. A limit of 2 to 4 gigs a month sounds a bit too limiting for anyone who can upload faster than dial-up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:37 am 
Average speed for that torrent in picture looks about 79KB when you look at the amout of time its up 14 hours, but its a good speed anyway :D

Additionaly 10KB upload over 14 hours should be closer to 480 MB not the 365MB shown on the picture. I wonder if its because if set for max 20 peers and there is wasted overhead header pockets or other info exchanged with so many peers at same time with only 10KB uplink limit. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:55 am 
Damn i think i have a problem, my d/l speed is like 12kb/s and my upload speed is like 14kb/s, >.< Also i have cable so i expected it to go a lot faster. It will take me 50 + hours to d/l a 1.5 gig file. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:09 am 
man...what am i doing wrong?????? this guys dl speed is SCREAMING compared to mine!!!!!!!! help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:32 pm 

http://www.bittornado.com/faq.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:43 pm 
Quote:
You may be flooding your connection. Reduce your upload to a maximum of 80% of your total upstream bandwidth.

excuse my ignorance but how do i do this ? I dont know what my total upsteam bandwidth is..... I have dsl and i went to isp sight and i cant find that info anywhere.
help again if you can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:10 am 

Easy. Stick it up to T3+ standards (I know you don't have T3 but read the rest), and observe how high it can go. Then set it to 75%-80% of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:11 am 

Easy. Stick it up to T3+ standards (I know you don't have T3 but read the rest), and observe how high it can go. Then set it to 75%-80% of that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2