the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: My system also crashes
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:28 am 
I am running a p4 2.8ghz 1mb cache, prescott. Intel Perl L board with 1 gig of DDR 400. Video is an fx5700 Ultra. I installed bittornado and woke up to find my pc screen black but the the system was still running. The cpu fan/case fans were all still going but it would appear the hd's may have stopped. In any case, I rebooted and hopped back on bt, then opened a video file. After about a minute the pc froze, then black screened. I powered the system down, uninstalled bittornado, re-installed shadow's bt 5.8.11 and now it works fine. I have no idea what in that version of bittornado can cause a crash/freeze like that as I'm not familiar with bt's programming. But I can say that once I uninstalled it, it was fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:24 pm 

Computer power aint an issue
Running 1.2 gighertz, Amd 386 133 sd ram, Xp, 120 Seagate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:45 am 
I have the same problem with abctorrent and soon i stat downloading an hour or so later my computer crashes

Post subject: well well well
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:55 am 
It seems to me that there are lots of people with this problem but nobody has any usefull information to stop it happening.

My internet connection crashes after an hour or so and i cant shut the machine down properly afterwards.

I'm a computer technician so i'm not a complete idot when it comes to sorting things out.

Bittorrent is an excellent technology but it seems as if alot of people are having this problem.

Please Please Please somebody out there must have the answer to the problem.

Regards Hateboy

Post subject: PC slows and crashes
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:30 am 
I'm no computer techie, but I'm assuming when you complain of the computer slowing and rebooting, perhaps you have a RAM leak, ie. it takes forever to open other programs or check your email after BitTornado has been running for hours. Perhaps windows isn't re-freshing its memory properly so that when it runs out, it just reboots itself or at least cuts some of its processes off (ie. blank screen).

I get system slowing if a torrent has been open for a long time, especially if the downloading file is larger than 2GB.

First, I tried checking the box "flush data to disk every 5 mins" under prefs, and that didn't seem to help.

Next, I clicked on advanced and hit "finish allocation" at the bottom, even though I was only 0.1% done. Right away, BT made a file the size of the finished download. You are going to use the space anyways, so why not allocate the amount you need right away?

Interestingly, after almost 19 hours of downloading a 4 GB file, I am finding my system is as fast as if I just booted up! It's still d/l at 80K, too.

I hope this helps some peeps! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:31 pm 
I got similar problem as Unwelcomed Guest before

it caused by my RAM Slot on my MotherBoard has some problem, so Buying a new MotherBoard will actually solve the problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:08 am 
I experienced the same problem as ZeroHopeX, left the machine running, checked it several hours later to find fans, lights, etc, running but black screen. Also, when shutting the machine down I get as far as the "Saving Your Settings" screen but have to manually switch off. Had a couple of instances of the machine booting with default BIOS settings too.

Down/uploads are fine, no probs there, just powering down and occasional start up.

For info;
WinXP/SP2
P4 2.8GB Northwood
1GB DDR-400 RAM
Gigabyte KNXP mobo
FX5600

Can't say as I've noticed any change since SP2, so I've ruled that out.

Will try BTornado Category 5's suggestion of 'checking the box "flush data to disk every 5 mins" under prefs' and post results.

Post subject: xp not crashing anymore
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:18 pm 
:D Hi guys :D

Just to let you know that a suggestion from DC movies on the sladinki tracker/forum has sorted out my problem.

My connection apparently was hanging because theres to much information being sent bidirecitonally.

My connection is 576 down and 288 up

I slowed my upload rate to 24kbps and now my network doesnt crash any more.

Post subject: Bit Torrent
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:44 pm 
Well actually bit torrent opens all kinds of ports but the fact is that these are seeds that you are downloading from and well, they are downloading from you (the same file as you).

There really is no security risk that I can see and I have watched the ports open and close while watching to see if any other processes start on their own and personally nothing has happened.

Nope that is just the way torrents work...seeds that download from each other small bits of data up and down...no biggy!

By the way there is no computer in the world that some smart ass kid can't figure out and crack so..no point getting paranoid we are all just an fdisk /mbr and a full fdisk, format and install away from being up and running again...have a great day.

Post subject: Bittorrents crash my pc
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:16 am 
I too have the same problems. It happened right after I installed bittorrent. Azerus and Bittornado all have the same effect. slowing the speed and limiting the thing to 1 download at a time has no effect.

Running fully updated Windows 2000 Pro with Duron 900, 500mb RAM computer with a 4 disk RAID array.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:07 pm 
ABSOLUTE CRAP !!!!

If you use the basic BT app then it will probably crash as it is memory hungry. Use BitTornado or similar and you won’t have any probs. As for Zone Alarm, I have used it from version 3:3 up to the new version 5 without any problems. I have been down loading Torrets for over 3 years!!

All the posts that are saying that BT is not stable with Zone Alarm are amature bullshiting scaremongerers.

Post subject: Oh! lucky me!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:55 am 
I'm running BTornado 0.310 python 2.3 version ^^~ python 2.4 suck!!

P4 2.6 FSB533 so no HT 512MB ram >.< but who cares!!! Tornado takes about 22thousand K on a 3GB+ file... everything runs nicely.... I got SP2 ^^~ those that say SP2 sucks can go rape themselves in hell.... try limiting the amount of peers you get raped by. Oh for those people who don't upload at all? You can go get raped in hell too. Uploads at 75% of max works... Remember to have the correct UpNp settings or you can go crash happy ^^~ For users still on 9X... well too bad you can go rot now... If you don't have a great connection then basicly.. don't go more than 2~3 BT instances or you can go and suck dick because you are greedy asses making your internet handle what it cant.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:20 pm 
Unwelcomed Guest wrote:
lately when i used bit torrent(not tornado) i would find that my computer would crash about an hour into the d/l. i didnt put 2+2 together until it was too late. after it crashed(crashed as in it rebooted my computer during d/l) my comp 4-5 times...my computer started crashing on it's own!
then a few days ago i was watching a video file on it and it rebooted, it got to the login screen and rebooted again...then it made it to windows startup screen...then whack...rebooted again. The final time it got the first windows startup screen(i run Windows 2000) and it started booting up again and when it got to the first windows startup screen a really really distorted message appeared...letters in the wrong place, random text all over the screen...but i could make out some of it. i cant remember exactly but it said something like "system files missing, windows..." cant remember or makeout the rest.

now when i boot my comp up no screen appears...just a black screen with the blinking typing symbol. and it doesnt make the "beep" sound like it should...ya know after you turn your comp on it makes a beep a couple seconds after.

has anyone ever heard of anything like this happening before? i think i'm going to have to take it to a PC repair shop, i really really really hope they dont have to wipe the hd...i have about 60 gigs of files that aren't backed up....plz tell me there's hope.
just try something like registry mechanic dat should work...its not the fault of bittorent dat your computer reboots it may be due to spyware or registry errors so try spybot which could be downloaded @ www.download.com :) for more info juss mail me rehanref@gmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:28 am 
Yo guys I have the torrent crashing problem but it doesnt boot my pc or anything ... I’ve been using BitTornado for along time now and never had a problem with it but lately I’m having some download problems when I start downloading a file after 10 or 20 minutes when the speed kicks in and starts downloading at a high rate BitTornado freezes with out any errors or nothing and the Peer list (when you click Advanced) gets empty and by freeze I don’t mean that I have to use “End Task” to close the program I can click cancel and mess with the options when it is in this state but as I said the download freezes I have to cancel and start again, this is becoming a huge pain, anyone else with this problem ? Can anyone tell me what I have to do to fix this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:06 am 
I've been having the problem that if I have either ABC Torrent or BitTornado open for periods of time my PC will freeze then reboot it's self or decide to go into sleep mode. I use the latest ZA with is as well. Yet without any torrents running my PC works fine. So what the hell is causing this?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next