the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:57 am 

BSOD

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x000000A0, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xBFEC0C10)
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

*** address BFEC0C10 base at BFEB6000, Date Stamp 3eaf051d - NDIS.sys

Beginning dump of physical Memory

Client is set to allow max peers of 30. Client was connected to 17 seeds and 8 peers before that happens. Client download speed was around 180KB/s before that happens. What is causing that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:33 pm 

http://www.bittornado.com/faq.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:49 am 

When the network card driver is the newest and can't be updated further, does that mean I can never get rid of this problem? Shouldn't there be possible for a software workaround? Similar to the analogy for game soft developer to release patch for their game when it crashes on certain video cards?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:52 am 

why do you have crummy network card :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:11 am 

BitTorrent doesn't do any fancy manipulation of the network drivers, it's just a natural stress-test for the TCP stack implementation -- and some implementations just don't cut it. BitTorrent isn't the only application that can cause the drivers to barf, either. There's no way for me to account for this problem. You may simply have to go out and spend the $15 on a new ethernet card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:16 am 

that leaves an interesting discussion point, how come them cards differ so much, it should make a big difference in performance logically

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:17 am 

Drakuun wrote:
why do you have crummy network card :p

My network card is made by Linksys. They are one of the top 3 companies making excellent networking products for home use. And you are saying I have crummy network card......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:23 am 

heheh why does it make errors man, oh it might still be the ram? i dunno

still, isn't microsoft one of the top software producers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:08 pm 

Linksys OEMs a number of cards. Some are okay, others are not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:10 am 

I usually don't sign up to forums and reply but this problem is too frustrating,

The problem keeps happening with ndis driver,

I don't even have a network card, I use a dsl modem, The drivers for that are current but that should have nothing to do with it.

anyway, the only card is the lan on my motherboard and i disabled that through bios just to try and solve this problem,

even when I set the limit to 40 connections I still recieve the blue screen of death.

My system is very recent.

...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:56 pm 

Some stability issues may be caused by having IPX/SPX installed on the system as well, however

I have 2 systems with Linksys LNE100TXv4s in them. They are both using Linksys issue drivers and have not had any stability issues thus far.

Bluescreens in XP are caused 90+% by hardware problems.
Go through a full hardware diagnostic and see. Ram is a good alternate place to check.

Directly connected DSL modems (USB) can't take near the strain of ethernet adapters so even if their drivers are up to date they can still puke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:49 pm 
You can check you RAM with Memtest86.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:03 pm 

The problem is with ndis.sys, has nothing to do with my RAM, I've run a test, nothing turned up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:19 pm 
The two solid NIC card companies that I have experience with are 3COM and Intel, The Intel Pro 100 NIC cards while oldies are solid performers with matured drivers. There is a reason that those are used in Corp workstation PCs.

In one instance while no problems were apparent with Web browsing I had problems with motherboard onboard NIC while playing some online games but not when I disabled it and used the Intel Pro 100 card.

Since most PCI cards in modern motherboards share IRQs you could try moving the NIC card to a different PCI slot, say one shared with USB hub NOT one shared with AGP or IDE controller chipsets.

Additionally over clocking PC by tweaking the front side bus on motherboards that cross link and increase the PCI bus speed - will make your PC a bit less stable as PCI bus will be run outside of the standard tolerance.

Then there is the Murphy factor, some combination of motherboard / chipsets / drivers / PCI cards will just not work reliably no mater what you do..... ex the older P3 DELL Dimension series PC win 2k / XP and a PCI USB 2 cards with via or ali chipset would run fine as long as you never used the USB2 ports but would choke up if External usb2 HD was attached.... at least that was my experience, only USB2 NEC chipset PCI cards worked flawlessly in those machines with win2k / XP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:37 pm 

I don't think USB modems are the problem,
I've had a dsl connection on this modem for a while,
this is a recent problem

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]