the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:33 am 

Hello there

I have a pritty strange problem with the Shadow client. I started a torrent download 3 days ago and it all worked fine (although I'm behind a Linux Firewall and had a yellow status). But as I wanted to start a new download (Stargate 7x22), I only got this error message: Problem connecting to tracker - unspecified error

I thought my firewall was messing up, but even after fixing it (the other download has a green status), I don't get any connection. In fact none of the new downloads it try to start work. What the hell is the problem? Can I only have one client open, or what???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:36 am 

Unless the tracker server specified in the metafile is working you won't be able to connect to other peers. A torrent can coast for quite a while with a bad tracker, but if you disconnect then you won't be able to reconnect. You can try letting it run, it will automatically retry, but there are no guarantees.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:09 am 
I'm not quite sure if we got each other right:

I have two Downloads working in the same time. The one I started two days ago works perfectly well. Every other I wanted to start today (even if the first download is not ongoing = the client is closed) doesn't get connected to the server (which work just fine believing the stats on the sites).

You say I shouldn't have two clients working on the same time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:31 pm 
im having the same problem....
95% of my torrents now dont connect to the tracker or if they do, give me a very very bad speed which im not used to on T3

something very bad going on here....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:42 pm 

Oh, okay, it's a different torrent.

The two torrents may specify different tracker servers, and the one for the newer torrent is down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:38 am 
I too am having this problem, seems like it started about the same time that 3.4 was breifly released, all my downloads started to go very slow. Used to get 500k DLs now i bearly get 1k up and down....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:04 am 
The torrents have different servers, but they are certainly not down, as I tried about 10 different downloads and the same problem always occured...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:38 am 

Can you see the torrent metadata (view it in torrentspy).
If you can see if the torrent has got an "announce-list" section with nothing in it.
If it has, this is causing the problem.
I have a small program that can delete this erroneous section if needed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:27 am 
i managed to solve my problem....
apparently there was a trojan on my computer affecting the winlogon.exe file....
i suggest running full system scans using ad-aware and hijack-this

a run of TDS-3 would also be a good idea....

as soon as i got rid of it, all torrents were working fine again

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]