the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:11 pm 
Hi,
I tried to download by using bittornado but it always says "Couldn't listen - unable to forward port via UPnP"

What does it mean? and what should I do?
I've read some of the comments about UPnP but I'm still confused

Please help... :cry:

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:20 pm 
Here is a simple solution that works very well for me:

You dont have to use UPnP or install any other Bit Torrent client. For me, Bit Tornado is always the best.

1. Open Bit Tornado. Go to Prefs.

2. Use only 1 port in the port range. Set both the From and To box to the same port and DISABLE randomize.

3. Set the UPnP Port Forwarding to Disabled.

4. If you use a router, make sure you set the router to forward this port to your computer.

That's it! You're done.

I'm using Windows XP SP2 and Bit Tornado works extremely well on my computer. When I open a torrent file, Bit Tornado connects instantly to the tracker and I get the green light after only 2 seconds. Download speed is always at least 100 kB/s and upload at maximum capacity.

Post subject: UPnP problem
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:29 pm 
i got a weird router its like some cheapo compusa brand (http://fmi.compusa.com/driver.asp?SKU=290331) and i cant figure out how to get the :evil: UPnP to work... i tried both settings in BT neither will work... i dont wanna do port forwarding cus then i get bombed with viruses... help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:27 pm 
Here is a simple solution that works very well for me:
You dont have to use UPnP or install any other Bit Torrent client. For me, Bit Tornado is always the best.
1. Open Bit Tornado. Go to Prefs.
2. Use only 1 port in the port range. Set both the From and To box to the same port and DISABLE randomize.
3. Set the UPnP Port Forwarding to Disabled.
4. If you use a router, make sure you set the router to forward this port to your computer.
That's it! You're done.
I'm using Windows XP SP2 and Bit Tornado works extremely well on my computer. When I open a torrent file, Bit Tornado connects instantly to the tracker and I get the green light after only 2 seconds. Download speed is always at least 100 kB/s and upload at maximum capacity.

DON"T BOTHER-you will only be able to open one instance of your client. Otherwise you would have to have each instance set at different port. Not worth the time it takes.

UPnP? I have 10000 ports (range) available, randomized, with UPnP set to fast, max 60 connects, & UPnP is totally disabled in services. I don't have a router but I know alot of people have probs setting one up with port forwarding. Thing is, if you can't connect you have to (learn).
http://portforward.com/routers.htm
No AV-get real

Post subject: no graphics interface
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:41 am 
i had recently formatted my comp. now i'd install the newer version of the client...but unfortunately there is no graphics interface(i mean the details which appears on hte screen such as dl/ul rate,pause,cancel,etc) though the dl continues...how do i settle this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:34 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
If the above doesn't work (it didn't for me), try setting "uPnP Port Forwarding" in the BitTornado prefs to "disabled". That worked for me.

- cdr

Thanks, there's the solution i was looking for.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:16 pm 
I just finished reading this thread and had my 2 cents to add in

In all this I saw no one mention the SP2 TCPIP.SYS fix.

If you chech your event log you will see something like this.

EventID 4226: TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts

Go check out http://www.lbllord.de/ for a non microsoft patch

Post subject: oops
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:16 pm 
that http://www.lvllord.de

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:45 pm 
Well I've been using BitTornado for months now and never had a problem. I've used it constantly in fact. As usual I ran it overnight last night but when I got up the program wasn't working. It gave me some error message about the UPnP.
And I hadn't changed a dam thing. Just out of nowhere. Updates for XP wouldn't even install themselves without my knowing it.

But I took the adivce of one of these replies and it suddenly works. Strange.

-Sarah of Borg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:13 pm 
Crap now it says I'm behind a firewall.
I recently got the UPnP crap and I thought I fixed it. Now BitTornado runs but it says I'm behind a firewall.
I use both window's firewall (XP) and Norton Antivirus. I turned off all the firewalls from both programs, and yet BT says I'm still behind a firewall!
And it's not lying. It's downloadin reeeeaaaal slow.
Why did this suddenly just happen when there wasn't a single change in my system? sigh.

So just what firewall could it be?

-Sarah of Borg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:18 pm 
tried disabling upnp in bittornado but my downloads were going really slow! :cry:

thn i done that port forwarding stuff, got rid of tht upnp shite and now i've got the green llight BUT my download rate is at 1kbs...hopefully it'll pick up speed :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:19 pm 
speed has gone up :D recommend port forwarding . thts if ur on a network.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:30 am 
wel it was working, but i tried downloading this mornin and the problem is ocurring again! ARGH! wats wrong!? :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:18 am 
I just wanted to point out a simple, but important thing to keep in mind for those sitting at home wracking their brains over why their UPnP isn't working for BT:

Your router must support UPnP and have it enabled!

I was wondering why I could never get it to work; I had no idea your router had to have UPnP implementation -- always thought it was all in the software/OS.

That probably doesn't affect most of you since you'd have to have a pretty 'aged' router in order for it to not support UPnP, but it raises another point: If your router has UPnP you must have it set to 'enabled' in your router settings in order to use UPnP Port Forwarding in BT.

Lastly, I found a link that shows which DLink routers do not have UPnP capabilities. This is just for DLink though, if you use something else you'd have to check their documentation or site:
Quote:
We currently do not support UPnP with the following products:
DI-701, DI-704, DI-704P (revA), DI-707, DI-711 (rev A & B), DI-713, DSA-3100, DFL-80, and DFL-300.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:23 am 
I would just like to say that it has worked for me. I had a linksys router and i did the routing thing. I disabled the randomisation, and the port forwarding in the bit tornado prefs, but i kept the ports the same e.g. 10000 - 60000. I am downloading at normal speed and i have a green light.
Thanks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next