the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:30 pm 
Just want to add a little bit to my previous post:

- You dont have to use only 1 port. You can set Bit Tornado to use any range of ports you want (I prefer 49152-49162 or higher, dont use standard Bit Torrent ports) and check Randomize box. This will allow you to download many torrents at the same time.
- Set UPnP to disabled.
- Important: set your router to forward this range of ports to your computer's IP address. Most routers allow you to do this very easily. If you dont know how to this, read your router's manual or check the website. To get your computer's IP, open MS Dos command prompt, type in the command "ipconfig /all".
- If Bit Tornado suddenly stops working after a while, your router might have assigned a different IP address to your computer (this happened many times to me). Just run the ipconfig command to get the new IP and set your router to forward ports to the new IP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:14 pm 
since no one's solution helped the least, i decided to mess around with things till i came to a conclusion.

1. Disable UPnP FROM YOUR ROUTER while UPnP is still enabled on your BitTorrent
2. As soon as the torrent is loaded and peers/seeders begin to appear, enable UPnP from your router
3. Wait about an hour with torrents reading 0 kb/ 0 kb
(my unique problen with this UPnP problem, which lasts for several hours, even days the last time i checked.)
4. The torrents should gradually pick up speed in timed intervalls, mines reached as high as my original DL speed of 600kb and 300 upload on my pipeline.

try it, if you were as desperate as mecountless days, countless nights without a single KB downloaded or uploaded then try it.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:27 am 
I suggest people take a look at their My Netwok Places. Not quite sure about XP Home, but XP Pro lets you view UPnP devices. As in my case, when I originally setup my router, it was UPnP alright, but after a while, without my noticing, the UPnP disabled itelsf some how. THe fact that it's a cheap Chinese/Taiwanese router didn't help: I can't change UPnP settings. It should be on by default. So as soon as I discovered that UPnP was stuffed (i.e. yesterday), I went off to see if there was a firmware update. There wasn't but I reinstalled it anyway. It worked, but I wasn't sure if it was the firmware or resetting.
Long story short, see if there are firmware updates for your router, if there are, go and update it. Go and reset your router as well. I don't just mean clicking the "Reboot" button in the web setup. Try and unplug the damn thing. Of course, this is after enabling UPnP first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:13 pm 
Personally, I had this problem once before, it got solved and just yesterday i contacted it again.

Well what I did was, everytime I encountered the problem, I resetted the router for it to lose all connections. As in powering it off and on.

It solves it all the time for me now.

This is provided the UPnP settings for your firewall, router and client are correctly done.

Post subject: UPnP
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:11 pm 
UPnP in bit tornando, what is it used for? does it make it better or help user in anyway? can someone please elaborate. I've been all over gathering info and I would just like something that corresponds to bit tornando and UPnP.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:48 pm 
Everytime I try to start a download on BitTornado I always get a message saying "ERROR--couldn't listen--unable to forward port via UPnP"

I've tried going to my network connection (wireless) and trying to get into settings so I can 'exempt' UPnP, but when I get to the advanced tab the settings button is faded out and I can't use it.

I use XP, and I'm totally stumped; what the heck is UPnP and why can't I 'exempt' it?

Post subject: BT FIX
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:01 pm 
---cdr you are the master it works now!!!!! damn all that time and all you have to do is set disabled it in PREFS.....working like a charm noiw -DarKHalf

Post subject: Re: BT FIX
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:13 pm 

bobby808 wrote:
---cdr you are the master it works now!!!!! damn all that time and all you have to do is set disabled it in PREFS.....working like a charm noiw -DarKHalf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:44 am 

Yes thanks cdr for the post. I just edited my preferences and it seems to have solved the problem. Thanks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4