the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: 5KB/s what the heck??
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:58 pm 
how comes that i can download up to 200KB/s everywhere, but not in shaddow experimental, or another torrent client, i only get up to 5KB/s, please help, i got a new 2wire homeportal, but my firewall is deactivated. whats wron???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:37 pm 

It coulc be that your not seeding enough or that there aren't enough seeds. Give it some time. torrents aren't about speed there about sharing the goods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:44 am 

I'm having the same problem in another client i can get better speeds. Before I updated to bit tornado i could get speeds of like 150 with the older version now im getting like 30. I'm sharing and everything, uploading like 40 k/s.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:37 pm 
I get the same problem. I get 100KB+ on the experimental version but on bittornado I get 5-20KB/sec. I experimented on the same torrents and I tried both numerous times and the experimental is always faster. I have the same settings on both and upload at 30-40KB/sec.

No clue what the problem is though :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:34 am 
Maybe the new version has a anti-leech system or some sort?... Forcing you to only download what you upload?... 1:1 ratio enforce system or some kind...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:39 am 

Nope, no extra anti-leeching... Please double-check everything in http://www.bittornado.com/faq.html about slow downloads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:50 pm 
well whatever you did to 1.0 shadow it fixed my slow download problem. Thanks a bunch :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]