the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:12 am 
Not sure what it means, but here's how I just solved this problem:
I turned off my DSL modem for a couple minutes. When I turned it back on and everything was connected again, I was instantly able to complete the two downloads that had been stuck for days. INSTANTLY.
Anyone care to advance a theory or two?
O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:34 pm 

If you're on DSL, you have a router, right? · Shad0w and others have said in the past that routers can cause this too. · Not having a router, I don't understand how that comes into play, so let's hope somebody else explains.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:54 pm 
dattier wrote:
If you're on DSL, you have a router, right? · Shad0w and others have said in the past that routers can cause this too. · Not having a router, I don't understand how that comes into play, so let's hope somebody else explains.

I do have a router, but it remained on and all computers on my network remained connected while I turned the DSL modem off. Maybe the router changes something in the network when the DSL modem's signal stops, but I don't know why it would, since with or without the DSL connection, the computers must still be able to communicate with each other.
O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:47 pm 
omg i hate this failed hash thing!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:11 pm 
Reset router and it finished.

Good luck everyone else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:17 am 
I have had similar problems as well, but only on one machine. This machine has been tested extensively for any sort of hardware malfunction or failure and none has been found. It is very stable otherwise...for Windows that is.

It is quite interesting...all of my other PCs are Linux-based and they don't get this, just my Windows one. Hmm..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:11 pm 
i've had this happen to me quite frequently, but it's usually on big files. funny thing is, stuff i download from this one website (tv episodes 100-300mb size) never has 1 failed hash. so i think it depends on the tracker too.

anyways, if i get a failed hash on a video file or mp3s, i just stop the torrent and check the file and see if it works. and so far all of the video files (.avi which isn't supposed to work unless you have the entire file) have worked flawlessly.

doesn't work on zip/rar files tho :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:53 am 
This happened to me tonight. Two bad seeds spewing garbage, but not getting banned. Had 60 hash fails before I restarted the torrent, and was fine until those two reconnected. One was kicked/banned, the other kept spewing hash fails.

I got to the last 4 peices, which I couldn't receive because the one spewing garbage was the fastest download by 5x. Restarting again, both reconnected immediately and started the hash fails again. This time I got annoyed and took a screen shot of 56 consecutive hash fails with no kicks or bans.

Restarting the torrent yet again allowed me to quickly snag the last 4 peices before those two were connected.

There's gotta be a bug in the kicking/banning mechinism for that kind of abuse to slip through, downloading 60Mb to receive 20 is horrible. If it wasn't so small a torrent it might have done that all night unattended.

Feature Request: A right click on a connected IP address for manual kick/ban. It would be cool if bans using this method were written to a config file and checked on startup so that the same trouble makers aren't a problem across multiple similar torrents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:30 am 
figured it out. disconnect the computer from the router, and connect directly to the cable/dsl modem. 2 of my downloads (dvd-r images) were stuck at 99.9% for 2 days. they immediately finished without a failed hash error.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:23 am 
:roll:
Same problem guys ... been frustrated for couple of days over
couple of 99.9% finished files (roughly around 10Gb), huh :twisted:

BUT ....

restart the DSL modem, restarted the router (DLink 604)
and of course restarted the PC ...

AND ...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
they finished right away

Hope it works for ya :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:09 pm 
Nikko wrote:
restart the DSL modem, restarted the router (DLink 604)
and of course restarted the PC ...

I have this problem since I use Bit Tornado (0.3.7).
Every file I downloaded had this problem. The hash check fails on the last part every time. But everytime I stop the client and restart it with the same torrent file it completes with no problem. So you don't have to restart your complete environment but just the client.
That can't be a problem with RAM or the tracker or the seeders or anything. It's just a bug in BitTornado, I think.
By the way: I'm running BitTornado on an AMD64 with Debian for AMD64. Could there be a problem with 64-bit?

Marco

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:37 am 
[quote=Marco]By the way: I'm running BitTornado on an AMD64 with Debian for AMD64. Could there be a problem with 64-bit?[/quote]

I see this problem a good chunk of the time to on the same platform. Perhaps it could be a 64 bit issue, or a debian issue. Are you using the Debian bittornado package?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:12 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Are you using the Debian bittornado package?

Yes:
ii bittornado 0.3.7-4 Bittorrent client with enhanced curses interface

I'll try to compile it my self tonight. I wonder if it makes any difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:09 am 
I installed a new version directly from source but it didn't solve the problem. Same as before... :(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:46 am 
it's always the _last_ piece of a download

ok, wel, maybe not always.

But here, the piece that has a bad crc error repeatedly is very often the last in the series. As that piece can come in at anytime during the download. it might not be obvious to see.

I noticed this first with tornado 3.7. this is still true with 3.8

could sombody check if this is happening elsewhere as well ?

The total number of pieces (and so, also the highest piece number) is displayed at the bottom of the advanced page.

Ernest.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next