the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Seed/Peer Fade Away
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:51 am 
Hi, I have a peculiar, though not major problem concerning Bittornado.
Its when during large torrent file that I leave on for a long time, the number of seeds and peers slowly sort of "fade away." Meaning in the beginning I connect to plenty but they tend to dissappear unless I close restart the torrent. This never happened with shadows client. Any know reason for this?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:49 pm 

i get that same exact problem. it happened on the last shadows release also for me. basically all torrents that are very large..say more than 1 gig shows this issue happen more.

the only changed setting i have on is limiting to 60 peers max connected, but some torrrents clearly have more peers than that according to the tracker, but instead of getting more peers, peers/seeds gradually disappear until there are none left and I have to restart the torrent completely.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:58 am 

This thread was discussing the same symptom; and TheSHAD0W seems to have found the cause and hopefully be fixed by the next version.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]