the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: where to find it
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:06 pm 
Click IMON
Click Setup
Under 'Advance Setup' Click Setup
Under 'Exclusion' Click Edit
Click Add and find where the btdownloadgui.exe is (Usually under windows program files bittornado

That is it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:32 pm 
godde wrote:
Click IMON
Click Setup
Under 'Advance Setup' Click Setup
Under 'Exclusion' Click Edit
Click Add and find where the btdownloadgui.exe is (Usually under windows program files bittornado

That is it

Basically, if you do what Godde suggests above (for both IMON and AMON), and you have the current version of MOD32 (v2.5), and you still get your BitTornado freezing up, then pure and simple it's definitely not NOD32 causing the problem, it's something else (because if you've excluded btdownloadgui.exe in both AMON and IMON then NOD32 will not be touching BitTornado at all so can't be interfering with it) such as:

-> your router
-> your modem
-> your firewall (probably hardware but maybe software)
-> your network drivers (i.e. Winsocks LSPs) or tcpip.sys or other components (try a repair util)
-> maybe you patched your tcpip.sys in XP SP2 to increase number of half-open connections - use the very latest version of the patcher since earlier versions caused problems

PS excluding worked for me - thanks so much for this thread! Should mention this in the release notes!!!!!!!! :roll:

PPS NOD32 is brilliant, and so is BitTornado - it's the one I've stuck with from the start because it just does exactly what it's supposed to, with no frills, and does it very well - thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:29 pm 
What happens with me is that my entire network connection freezes up. I have two computers connected to a switch, which again is connected to my router - but when I get this bug (BT stops working), I also lose the ability to access the other computer. I.e. it can't be my router, and since my router has built in firewall and I don't have one running on my computer, it can't be that either. O_o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:20 am 
Hey, thanks a lot for offering the solution... I've just installed NOD32 and started to have the freezing problem w/ BitTornado, but I didn't connect the two; it didn't even occur to me that it's because of the virus scan. So thanks a lot, you solved my problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:36 pm 
תודה

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:49 am 
I changed the display interval to a number much higher and put max peer connections to 40. All seems well so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:42 am 
Nice, thank you very much for this one. Odd that btgui.exe showed strain and not any of the nod32 processes in task manager...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:13 pm 
Thanks, new to NOD32 and probably would never have suspected this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:56 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
even if you uninstalled nod32, the nod32 kernel will still be running. so you still gonna get freeze. i recommend switching to another BT client

So how do you get rid of the kernel?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:29 am 
have had this problem and did a format came back only started since i used nod32 which i dont want to get rid of..
anyway do i have to use IMON or AMON or both

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:40 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
have had this problem and did a format came back only started since i used nod32 which i dont want to get rid of..
anyway do i have to use IMON or AMON or both

anyone know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:45 pm 
the freezing is solved but still slow on all the connections uninstalled nod32 and installed kaspersky and its ok reinstalled nod32 and no go back in with kaspersky and ok..
nod must be doing something else and btw i have IMON and AMON both excluding nod32...
I would really like to use nod32 but something is happning as it also worked with norton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:50 am 
Thank You SOOOo much for the imon solution to my freezing problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:16 pm 
yes that's true, good call! It's freezing up at around 62 peers for me. However this is only a very very temporary solution, because having a maximum of 60 connection hurts your speed...big time, especially for larger files :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:24 pm 
Sorry for the double post (there's no way of editing your posts...?) I switched to a new antivirus last night and now that I think about it, I downloaded plenty of things before last night (with 0.3.13) and I've never had the freeze up problem. I installed F-Secure internet security 2005 (with firewall, e-mail scanning and all that jazz) and now today I'm getting the freezing...hmm...first thing - I'm going to put my max peers back up to "no limit" then disable e-mail scanning, see where that gets me - basically it HAS to be something with our anti-viruses - I'm gonna use the good 'ol process of elimination.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next