the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:40 pm 

now for the past month or so ive been getting very bad connections with bit tornado client such as very little seeds or peers that is on a very active torrent .
now ive been using a modded version of xp im not going to say which as this is not important.
but what i will say is that this moded xp had been patched to allow more connections at 1 time instead of the 10 default connections it had 100 allowed.
now before i found out about all this connection lark i just couldn't understand why after so long of using bit tornado this was happeing but with other clients such as utorrent or azureus didn't have this problem i just couldn't get my head around it.
now for the good bit lol -bit tornado works fantastic with the default that xp has of 10 connections.
i used a program called xpantispy to set it back to the default.
the default of 10 works great so to anyone who may have got this problem this is the answer.
has much as alot of people say it works best with more connections,trust me it doesn't with bit tornado and not only that you are risking your computer as viruses will spread faster

so there you go, if you was thinking of patching your connections for faster downloads ect please dont it wont work,it will only give you less seeds and peers ,stick to the default

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:59 pm 

most people don't use tornado anymore
it has many drawbacks
the only reason for using it is if you're a fan of shadow kun
took shadow 2 years just to learn how to resume a file w/out rehashing lol
gui was promised 3 years ago, never happen
if you keep praising someone, they will never get better
u spoil someone too much like that.
the original torrent client and shadow's tornado are now a dinosaur

here are the drawbacks
1. downloading many torrents requires multiple ports and opening multiple tornado cli not gui but ancient ie download method.
2. uses a lot of memory and cpu intensive.
3. crashes often.
4. inconvenient
5. less and less people use it
6. shadow is no longer improving it
7. no gui
8... u get the ideas

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]