the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Downloads always corrupt
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:19 am 
I always get the message "Download corrupt. Please restart to continue"and I do and it happens again. Eventually, the file will download, but when I go to install it, the installer tells me it's corrupt. I did a ram test and there were no errors. I have no clue what else it could be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:45 am 

That error message only occurs if some previously GOOD data suddenly becomes BAD while in memory, which can only happen if the contents stored in memory changed on its own which either points to bad memory or a poorly written driver in windows. If "triple check" mode is enabled when this happens, that message could also indicate a failing hard drive.

Last edited by bytetorrent on Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:15 pm 
i never saw anything like this .. lol
anyway here's a good point: choose usa download not austria you wont have ass mess .....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:00 pm 
I just realized the files I am trying to download all come from the same ripper/provider. Could something be wrong with their files?

Post subject: it could be hard drive
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:45 am 
i have the same problem, and in my case it is dieing hard drive. it recently got few bad blocks and some drive maintaining programs shout it is broken, i did checking of memory, and it's good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:45 pm 

The "corrupt" message and the client's terminating are because the error isn't necessarily in the data that's been read off the hard drive. A significant amount of the time, it's the engine itself that's been corrupted, and allowing it to continue is not only a waste of time but may result in serious problems. Better to terminate the task and let the user restart it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]