the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:59 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:40 am 
People here complain about crc & corruption errors. I had those also, and they were caused by the new NVidia IDE drivers (official drivers). Installed old ones, no problems after that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:33 pm 

Ouch! Can anyone else verify this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:47 am 
Maybe I should be more specific:

I had nforce2 motherboard, nvidia's latest ide driver v4.31 installed, problems with torrent downloads (download froze, i/o errors). When tried to restart and continue download, torrent client said 'i/o error'. Sometimes that was accompanied by windows popup 'cyclic redundancy check error'.

I thought this was because I updated client from 5.8.9 to tornado (and 5.8.11), but then tried to use different drivers. Official 3.13 driver package, without installing SW IDE driver, seems to work ok. No CRC errors after that.

This worked for me, hope it might help someone else, too

Seems nvidia still can't make working drivers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:12 pm 
I'm also using the latest ide drivers from nvidia along with latest bittornado release, and I have no problems at all, everything works fine.

Post subject: nvidia 5200fx
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:18 am 
the new drivers also will not let you play original DVD's on your computer!
"If it works don't try to fix it"

Post subject: IDE drivers
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:39 pm 
I had the same problem, uninstalled the driver and all is good again. This happend to me about 2 months ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:54 pm 
i got them on an asus a7v8x deluxe and i dont have any problem yet... and my dvd work fine! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:21 am 
A7V8X is a VIA chipped board not nvidia sheesh get it right A7N8X is nivida chipped board

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:09 am 
yes having a few problems as well :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:05 pm 
Nvidia is "famous" of "tweaked" drivers. They desperately try to "better" their products by dupious methods. Don't you love the idea of making drivers to a specific software/game to get better results in speed tests!
And Nvidia knows that nobody is using old games/progs and only the stupid try to use new games/progs before nvidia launches a driver set specially tweaked for them :)

What a sad company.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 4:39 pm 
I only remember once they did that, they're still good company, hate to see the prices of gfx cards if Nvidia were not in the market...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:59 pm 
Could this be related to the problem i have that when i download something that needs to be unpacked, it will not work(SATA drive), however if i use the IDE harddrive to unpack it on, it works fine?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:42 pm 

i cant burn dvds when i install the NVIDIA SW-IDE driver (like i found out when installing it) apart from that i like nvidia mobos and cga cards

my other peep i know just when from a via one to the nvida bords (same one as mine but with a guru chip on it) he is inpressed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:39 pm 
I have no problems with the latest nvidia ide drivers with bt or burning. I think the real problem here is PEBKAC on a massive scale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:31 pm 

I have never needed to ask anything like this before, but I'm not sure about how to see which driver I'm using. In the device manager I can see that my ata controller is using the driver nvatabus.sys version 5.10.2600.0366 Copyright Nvidia. Is this it? Does that mean it's version 3.66 from Nvidia or? How is the sw ide driver reported?

Thanks in advance.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next