the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:46 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:32 am 
Yes, version 5.10.2600.0366 is SW IDE driver version 3.66. These drivers were included in the version 3.13 nForce driver pack.
The new nForce drivers version 4.24 (release date may 10, 2004) contain the SW IDE driver version 4.12.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:16 am 
I'm using omega's tweaked versions of the 53.03, is this version bad as well, I ask because a game I got recently has been stopping instalation because of crc errors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:07 pm 
Omega drivers contain only video drivers, this thread is about the IDE drivers for mainboards with the nforce chipset.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:03 pm 

Zeus wrote:
I have no problems with the latest nvidia ide drivers with bt or burning. I think the real problem here is PEBKAC on a massive scale.

Me neither. I have the latest nVidia IDE drivers and... well, it still works perfectly for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:38 pm 
I use the latest beta drivers (v61.71) and don't have any problems. It fixes A LOT of bugs that are in the official release.
Just go to www.3dchipsets.com and get it (or Google it.... "nVidia beta drivers").

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:08 pm 
I've Nvidia Drivers all over.. Nvidia based motherboard ( asus a7n8x -e Deluxe ) so Nvidia Chipset and a Geforce Graphics Card

All with latest drivers, no problems at all :!: :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:53 am 
I was having problem burning DVDs with the nVidia IDEs.
I went back to the standard drivers MS drivers. No problems now.
Weird, It seems the driver work for some and not others, almost random.

I might get brave and try the IDE drivers but NOT the SW since that what most people think causes the problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:51 pm 
NEVER use the nvidia IDE driver... just use the standard windows driver

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:13 am 
The nvidia IDE driver is known to be unstable on some systems. Nvidia even WARNS you about that fact! SO don't blame nvidia if installign their id edriver breaks something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:01 am 
It's not the nVidia drivers causing crc error, it's the python code in BT!
Its caused when BT isn't shutdown properly and a new instance is started trying to access the locked files from the 1st BT instance that was not shut down properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:06 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Nvidia is "famous" of "tweaked" drivers. They desperately try to "better" their products by dupious methods. Don't you love the idea of making drivers to a specific software/game to get better results in speed tests!
And Nvidia knows that nobody is using old games/progs and only the stupid try to use new games/progs before nvidia launches a driver set specially tweaked for them :)

What a sad company.

Everybody does this. It'd be absolutely ridiculous and foolish not to. It only becomes a problem if the output is changed (which all major graphics companies are suspect to). You're awfully short-minded.

Regarding this issue, on a Winblows box with SW drivers, no issues. On a Winblows box lacking SW drivers, no issues. Both are nForce2. Never any issues on Gentoo machines, running nForce / nForce2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:29 am 

i cant run this modded ver of bit torrent on my pc as it gets stuck in an endless loop (keeps finding problems with the file and starts redownloading bad parts) it probly python code that is the problem (the nForce SW IDE driver is unstable on some mother boards (works fine on mine) if the nvidia SW driver work on your system i recommend usein it as it does inprove system performance

the JAVA bit torrent works fine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:42 am 
Ive had that problem after trying to install certain ISO's and CD images on my computer, ive found a couple to be corrupt but even if i check the actual image and veyify if it is 100% complete and no errors i still get install and instal shield problems with corrupt CAB files with my version of drivers (latest). If i remeber correctly i never had them with my original MSI drivers that were packaged on the cd with my mobo. And yes, i even get the error message as described above, so obviously it must be the drivers.... and im even seeing my hard drive getting corrupt files on it now, just randomly :| such as Call of Duty .pk3's getting missing textures :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:30 am 
This is a bit off-topic, but the ActiveArmor on the new nforce boards will corrupt your downloads and insert random crap in the network data stream (ie. all the installers you download don't work, etc).

Cool, eh ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:48 am 
Ok, I have the ASUS A7N8X DELUXE with the latest drivers from NVIDIA and the latest BIOS. With the previous BIOS, I had some problems with programs that used a lot of HDD activity. Well, after I updated to the newest BIOS, the problems went away. I think that the problem resides in the BIOS and/or MOBO manufacture. It all seems to be mixed, but I don't think many people are updating the BIOS code, and almost no one has posted the MOBO manufacturer.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next