the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:56 pm 

Hi,

I've tried to run the latest experimental versions but I get a huge amount of GTK-Critical errors.
Finally I decided to try to run the stable version 5.8.11 and I'm having the following errors:

[me@linuxbox bittorrent-CVS-shadowsclient]# ./btdownloadgui.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./btdownloadgui.py", line 1989, in ?
run(argv[1:])
File "./btdownloadgui.py", line 1950, in run
app = btWxApp(0, params)
File "./btdownloadgui.py", line 1929, in __init__
self.configfile = configReader()
File "./BitTorrent/ConfigReader.py", line 51, in __init__
self.configFileDefaults['gui_checkingcolor'] = self.ColorToHex(wx.wxSystemSettings_GetColour(wxSYS_COLOUR_3DSHADOW))
NameError: global name 'wx' is not defined

This is part of my configuration:
Fedora Core 1 - kernel 2.4.22-1.2115
GTK+-2.4.0 -> compiled, installed and tested
python-2.2.3-7 -> from rpm
pygtk2-libglade-2.0.0-1 -> from rpm
wxPythonGTK-py2.2-2.5.1.5-1 -> from rpm

I'd really like to run the client on my Linux box instead of my Windows machine.

Thanks in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:56 pm 

That is quite odd. "wx" comes with "wxPython" and is imported when the code does:
Code:
from wxPython.wx import *

on line 4 of "ConfigReader.py"

What happens if you open a shell and type:
Code:
python

then when it shows ">>>" type:
Code:
from wxPython.wx import wx

Does it show any errors?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:48 pm 

Hi,

thnx for the prompt reply.

No it does not show any errors, so I guess the wxPython libraries are ok.
I also looked at the code, though I'm a c/c++ programmer not python, and I think the problem lies elsewhere.

I copied the source of a small app I found in the screenshots section of the wxPython website and it ran perfectly, so I don't think the problem is wxPython.

The only thing I think might be giving problems in my setup is that I didn't remove the original GTK+ rpm that came with Fedora before I compiled/install GTK+-2.4.0

This is all the relevant GTK/Python stuff I have from the stock Fedora:
[root@fwl root]# rpm -qa |grep -i gtk
pygtk2-2.0.0-1
mtr-gtk-0.52-3
gtk2-2.2.4-5.1
gtk+-1.2.10-28.1
gtk-engines-0.12-1
pygtk2-libglade-2.0.0-1
gnome-python2-gtkhtml2-2.0.0-2
gtk2-engines-2.2.0-3

[root@fwl root]# rpm -qa |grep -i py
python-optik-1.4.1-1
pygtk2-2.0.0-1
python-devel-2.2.3-7
gnome-python2-2.0.0-2
python-2.2.3-7
pygtk2-libglade-2.0.0-1
gnome-python2-gtkhtml2-2.0.0-2

This is what I added:
wxPythonGTK-py2.2-2.5.1.5-1
GTK+-2.4.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:38 pm 

This is due to a change in the wxPython layout, and has been fixed in the latest release. If you wish to fix it yourself, delete the "wx." in the affected lines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:47 am 

Great, that fixed it.

Now I'm having the same GTK-Critical errors that I get on the experimental. :?

GLib-CRITICAL **: file ghash.c: line 138 (g_hash_table_lookup): assertion `hash_table != NULL' failed.
Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_type_create(): unknown parent type `21'.
GLib-CRITICAL **: file ghash.c: line 138 (g_hash_table_lookup): assertion `hash_table != NULL' failed.
GLib-CRITICAL **: file ghash.c: line 152 (g_hash_table_insert): assertion `hash_table != NULL' failed.
GLib-CRITICAL **: file ghash.c: line 152 (g_hash_table_insert): assertion `hash_table != NULL' failed.
Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtktypeutils.c: line 337 (gtk_type_class): assertion `node != NULL' failed.
Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_arg_type_new(): argument class in "GtkContainer::border_width" is not in the `(null)' ancestry
Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkobject.c: line 939 (gtk_object_add_arg_type): assertion `arg_type > GTK_TYPE_NONE' failed.
Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkobject.c: line 939 (gtk_object_add_arg_type): assertion `arg_type > GTK_TYPE_NONE' failed.
Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_arg_type_new(): argument class in "GtkContainer::reallocate_redraws" is not in the `(null)' ancestry
Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtksignal.c: line 433 (gtk_signal_lookup): assertion `gtk_type_is_a (object_type, GTK_TYPE_OBJECT)' failed.
Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtksignal.c: line 433 (gtk_signal_lookup): assertion `gtk_type_is_a (object_type, GTK_TYPE_OBJECT)' failed.
Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkobject.c: line 357 (gtk_object_class_add_signals): assertion `GTK_IS_OBJECT_CLASS (class)' failed.
Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_arg_type_new(): argument class in "GtkButton::label" is not in the `(null)' ancestry
Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkobject.c: line 357 (gtk_object_class_add_signals): assertion `GTK_IS_OBJECT_CLASS (class)' failed.
Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkBin' to `(unknown)'
Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkButton' to `(unknown)'
Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkobject.c: line 1070 (gtk_object_get_data_by_id): assertion `GTK_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed.
Segmentation fault

Oh well, I'll keep using the bittorrent curses client till I can figure this out (or somebody else does).

thnx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:02 am 
Just so you don't think you are the only one, I get the exact same error spit too. Also like you, I immediately jumped on the curses version which seems to work. If you learn anything, please post. I will too, if I get a chance.

Running box-stock redhat 9, wxPython 2.5.1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:38 pm 

Well, it's finally working (kinda)

My HD crashed completely, I knew it was coming since it's an old 20GB disk and this morning I bought a new one. I reinstalled Fedora Core 1 making sure all the Glib/GTK/Python stuff was installed. Installed wxPython and dl Experimental 0.1.4 and it worked.

Weird thing is I still get all the errors but it still works! :?

Last week I dl kernel 2.6 and wanted to use the GTK tool to configure the kerne,l and for that I installed the latest GTK/Glib etc. and I think that was the problem (a mess with the GTK/Glib versions installed).

Now that I have a fresh GTK/Glib installation it works. I haven't even done and update to the system with the RHN so I don't know if after that it will still work.

Hope this helps those with the same problem. :wink:

l8r

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]