the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:58 am 

i have had some problems with bittorrent not closing after i have finished or closed the program, when i bring up task manager i will have a couple of them open and using mem while actually only one is running, i click and try to end the process and cannot, so i w8 awhile and try again and again it wont close, only a reboot will fix it, im running XP Pro with all updates. i am no noob to the world of computers and internet so please dont hold back on an explanation thinking i wont undestand, thanxs much.

-ToOnMaN :?:

P.S. this happens with all the shadows clients i have tried so far. i have a dlink 604 properly configged and i am running eztrust armor as a backup.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:37 am 
i have this problem too sometimes....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:23 pm 

This is a problem with the current http library being used to access trackers. When a tracker grabs a connection and won't let go, the client is sometimes stuck along with it despite whatever I do. Work is being done on an entirely new http library that will allow much more control over the connection.

Normally, you may see the client persevere for 30 seconds after the client is closed, while it tries to contact the tracker to send its completion message.

Post subject: Thank You much
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:49 pm 

well it isnt gonna make me try another client thats for sure, i love this cleint. thank you for the reply it is much appreciated.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]