the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:43 pm 

Black light, when i try to download, i dont know what is wrong thank you in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:48 pm 

Do any error messages show above the "Pause" and "Cancel" buttons when you have a black light? If so, what do they say?

Also, did this only started happening after recently upgrading to the latest version?

Does it happen with all of your downloads or only some of them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:47 am 
i get the black light also, i've already dled 74.9% of the file, the error says:

Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error (7, 'getaadrinfo failed')>

any help would be appreciated thnx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:20 am 

A few major trackers went down recently and had to be changed; redownloading the torrent file may help. Black light indicates the client can't contact the tracker, but can't discriminate between its being the tracker's fault or a problem on the client's end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:37 pm 

TheSHAD0W wrote:
A few major trackers went down recently and had to be changed; redownloading the torrent file may help. Black light indicates the client can't contact the tracker, but can't discriminate between its being the tracker's fault or a problem on the client's end.

I found a test case scenario where the "black" light really should be red and the tracker works fine.

Using: BitTornado 0.1.3 in Linux on a system with Python 2.3 and wxPython 2.4.1.2 where the tracker and client are on the same machine with an IP of 192.168.0.100.

1. Setup a tracker using
Code:
bttrack.py --port 6969 --dfile dstate.dat --allowed_dir $HOME/torrents --allow_get 1

2. Create a garbage file using:
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=garbage.txt bs=1M count=50

but if you don't feel like creating a garbage file using "dd" you could use any old non-important file and make a copy of that.

3. Make the torrent file using:
Code:
btmakemetafile.py http://192.168.0.100:6969/announce garbage.txt

and a "garbage.txt.torrent" is made.

4. Copy that torrent into $HOME/torrents or whatever the allowed dir is set to on the tracker.

4. Open that torrent using:
Code:
btdownloadgui.py garbage.txt.torrent

then save it in any folder where there is no "garbage.txt" file such as maybe /tmp.

The client will connect to the tracker and it even shows in the logs of the tracker that it connected fine. http://192.168.0.100:6969/ shows that there is 1 person "downloading" a torrent but the client stays black when it really should be red indicating there are no peers.

My guess on this is the problem lies in btdownloadgui.py near line 1,396 where:
Code:
        elif statistics.numPeers + statistics.numSeeds + statistics.numOldSeeds == 0:
            if statistics.last_failed:
                self.setStatusIcon('disconnected')
            else:
                self.setStatusIcon('noconnections')

is. It never gets to the part where it sets the status icon to be red because "statistics.last_failed" never seems to be false and always fails when there are no peers leaving the black icon set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:58 pm 

Thanks. This problem was noted and fixed in the new release.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]