the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:34 pm 
Great client! I'm really grateful shadow is taking time to code this. So far it's been running great, except for one thing.
For me, a major problem is as follows.
I often download a bunch of torrent files and then open them all at once. The torrents with multiple files in them display a dialog box with folder selection. However, nowhere in the application is it indicated which torrent this is. So when I get 2 or more torrents which do that it's impossible to tell one from another and it becomes really confusing to select or name a new folder to save the stuff in.

So my proposition is to display the torrent name before the folder selection dialog box comes up.
Thanks for doing a great job, Shadow!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:43 am 
With multiple files in a torrent, the default foldername suggested by bittorrent is the name of the torrent (which can diver from the .torrent-filename).
You only need to hit ok and the files are saved in the right directory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:11 pm 
Really? What version do you use?
My client T-0.1.4 only shows a list of existing folders with a button "New folder" at the bottom.
When I press that button, a new folder with the name "New Folder" is created.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:52 pm 

Starting at S5.8.7 (or earlier), Shad0w's Experimental clients do one of two things when doing a multifile torrent:

1) No files from the torrent exist in the target, a new folder with the same name as the INTERNAL name of the torrent is created and the files are placed there
2) Files from the torrent exist in the target, that folder is used and the existing files are hash-checked for resuming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:38 pm 
Yeah, you don't have to create a directory, bittorrent will do this for you. But it is true that it doesn't show up in the folder selection dialog.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:24 pm 
Thanks for your time, punisher & DWKnight. It's clear to me now. I guess I was unnecessarily creating directories manually.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]