the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: download Freeze
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:28 am 

I have been using Shadow's client for almost a year now... I recently reinstall XP and installed SP1 and updated my BIOS.. I tried your new client.. Tornado and then the problem started happening, I switched back to Shadow but the problem consist. Well while I am d/ling the client would freeze and then for some reason I would lose my internet connection. I would have to restart my computer to get back my connection... I don't know why this happening... any ideas? I posted this msg on Suprnova forum but the responese weren't really helpful. I hope someone has an idea of what to do.
Thanks
By the way.. my drivers are up to date and I check with my cable company.. nothing wrong with my conenction or cable modem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:24 pm 
I have it to, but only form tornado 1.4

?? what the...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:56 pm 
if u look through the preferences/advanced u will see a option called
Max peer connections in u select that a bue text appears with the problem
and the solve too that:

some network card cannot handle a certain number of open ports.
if the client freezes try setting this too 60 and below.

there i hope i helped

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:44 am 

ya know, I'm trying your tip right now dood, about the 60 peers and less. I hope it works because I am getting really tired of restarting the bit torrent thing everyday -_-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:32 am 
Anonymous wrote:
if u look through the preferences/advanced u will see a option called
Max peer connections in u select that a bue text appears with the problem
and the solve too that:

there i hope i helped

I had to deal with the same problem with my XP box... I actually had to turn it all the way down to 20 to keep it from killing my internet connection, sinse then I had no problems

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:46 pm 

Anonymous wrote:

Which network cards have problems with more than 60 connections? I have a cheapo network card in one of my computers with a Realtek 8139 chipset that can handle almost 100 peer connections just fine in Windows *98* out of all O/Ses (after 100 peer connections, windows 98 blue screens and the network stack dies. heh. In my case, I wish there were a setting of "80" max connections so I don't lose out on as many peers when limiting in windows 98 ). There has to be something else causing people's freezes and internet connection droppage if anyone is using anything with a better network stack than Windows 98 (such as Windows XP) and using a better network card than any Realtek 8139 based ones unless network drivers are getting worse these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:16 pm 
I tried 3 different good nics ($$) with latest drivers, 2 modems, reinstalled WinXP+SP1, used other BT clients, reduced max peer connections to 30 and lower, capped my upload to half of my upstream, disabled the firewall and the problem persists so the problem isn't hardware related at all. Please, once for all, stop saying ridiculous things. This network disconnection problem only occur while using BT clients. The proof? All other internet applications & p2p programs work perfectly and I never get disconnected unless I use BT clients such as BitTornado, Shad0w, Azureus, etc...name them!

The only BT client I know wich never had this kind of frustrating problem yet for me is BitSpirit.

I really hope someone will fix this problem soon. Not every softwares are well coded these days!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:35 pm 

I have, of all things, a SiS chipset for my network card (onboard), and I've got 4 torrents open with no cap on connections, with no problem.

...but then again, I'm also running Linux, where stupid stack errors are hunted down and eaten by outsourced programmers. ^_^

My Win98 box also has problems, so I kept trying to cap the connections, but I kept losing internet, so I just decided to run BT on my Linux box. And 0.1.4 has yet to cause me to lose sleep. =)

Oh, and also, for Jasm, spreading the FUD...
What other program that you have opens several dozen connections and leaves them open for long periods?

That's what I thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:26 am 
PMT, even if I run the BT client alone and nothing else, I'll have network disconnections 10-15 times a day, if not a lot more. Isn't that lame? It seems there's a plethora of people having the same problem...too much people...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]