the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:20 pm 
Has anyone else experienced a problem when you try to shut down your PC after downloading. i am running Windows XP Home with service pack 2, and when i shutdown it hangs at the 'Saving your settings' screen.
Also, when i try and disconnect my internet connection after downloading using BitTornado, the internet connection causes a crash too.
Anyone had similar problems or have any ideas for a solution?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:59 am 
Let me guess, you're using 0.3.9? If so, it's time to downgrade clients! If not, correct me and let us know what client you are using!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:44 am 
I found the latest version to leave some open processes behind too. I also have had an on-going minor problem with BitTornado (0.3.8 too).

If I start up my system and go online, then start and finish a torrent file then try to dis-connect, my connection (notification window) hangs and Windows will not shutdown (hangs at saving settings window) without powering down via..... er the power button.

I can go online then dis-connect then shutdown Windows without a problem, it's only when I've been downloading/uploading torrents.

No luck 'googling' either.

All info/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:50 pm 
gasha (joining now) wrote:
I found the latest version to leave some open processes behind too. I also have had an on-going minor problem with BitTornado (0.3.8 too).

If I start up my system and go online, then start and finish a torrent file then try to dis-connect, my connection (notification window) hangs and Windows will not shutdown (hangs at saving settings window) without powering down via..... er the power button.

I can go online then dis-connect then shutdown Windows without a problem, it's only when I've been downloading/uploading torrents.

No luck 'googling' either.

All info/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My problem described above is exactly the same as Gashas. i have the problem with 0.39 and 0.38, but have just been experimenting with other clients such as azereus and ABC, and still experiencing the same problem....any ideas anyone?

Post subject: Same Problem
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:54 am 
Just started using 0.39 this weekend and get the problem as described above. Can't disconnect from the Broadband connection and machine waits at Saving your Settings.

Will try the idea of Not minimizing to tray and then downgrading to 0.38 tonight and post what the result is tomorrow.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]