the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:00 am 
I'm pretty sure this has something to do with BitTornado, as it tends to happen after I use it. (Bear with me!)

I use Windows ME, and BT 0.3.7 (I'm going to download & install 0.3.9 to see if it makes any difference).

Anyway. After a few days of BT usage, the icons that the system assigns to several of my applications change around.

If I click on : Start - Settings - Control Panel - Folder Options - File Types tab, I notice that things have changed.

For instance - at the moment, my downloaded 'FLAC' files have been changed from the normal, 2-vertical-LED's-&-'f' icon to something completely different. In fact, it changes constantly - it's changed twice today.

Most of my icons, in fact, are similarly 'in flux'. Note that they still behave normally - it's just the icons that change.

Does anyone know what causes this; how to recover from it; and how to stop it happening in the first place?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:17 pm 
This is most likely a problem with the icon cache (if you go to the folder options and try to change the icon, the correct icon is still shown).

http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... -us;132668 explains how to solve this issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:09 pm 
Nop wrote:
This is most likely a problem with the icon cache (if you go to the folder options and try to change the icon, the correct icon is still shown).

True. That is, indeed, the case.

Nop wrote:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;132668 explains how to solve this issue.

Thank you - that's just what I'm looking for. I'd tried searching the MS database, but I used variants of 'registered, file, and types' as the search criteria. Doh!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]