the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: upnp problem
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:28 pm 
a couple days ago my bittornado stoped working and all it said was that it couldnt listen and there was a problem with the upnp thing i looked on the forum for some answers and all the other people have downloaded some windows xp sp2 thing but i didnt dl that so i tried disableing the upnp port int the prefs but that just made my dling horrible. if anyone knowswhat im supposed to do plz help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:16 am 
go to preference and disable upnp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:10 am 
Out of no where I started getting this error on Sunday the 19th. Couldn't figure it out, then saw this post & disabled the uPnP in the pref. All good now!!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:08 pm 
ben64vw wrote:
Out of no where I started getting this error on Sunday the 19th. Couldn't figure it out, then saw this post & disabled the uPnP in the pref. All good now!!!! :lol:

I have the same problem. It was working before, it is not working now :(
Well, now what have I do if I didn't istall XP SP2 and my XP firewall is disabled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:21 pm 
mine works but dling slower and that colored ball is staying yellow. bah a week ago i was dling at 160kbps and it was green! now its yellow and going at 25... :cry:

Post subject: upnp
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:42 am 
what is UPnP? i had the same problem, and when i disabled it, i started d/ling at 20-40 k... 2-8 times faster than it used to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:52 pm 
thanks for the help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:12 pm 
UPnP is Universal Plug And Play. Theoretically it simplifies things by (in this situation) telling your router/firewall to open certain ports when needed. This is for the lazy people or the people who don't know how to manually open/forward ports.

IMO UPnP is problematic, and is just a security nightmare just waiting to happen...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:47 am 
but is there a way to fix it? disable it doesn't increase my download speed. it kinda set it to 40k. also does this effect any other bit torrent downloading program like azurse(i can't spell) if it just bitornado im switching

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:33 am 
Where is the box to disable the Upnp in the Bit tornado pref? I can't seen to find it? Anyway, you guys can guide me thru this mess? PLease..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:19 am 
In case you haven't found it yet, it should be right below "Default Rate Setting".

Garry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:19 pm 
i just got this problem too. i didn't change any of my settings, how did this happen? i can turn if off, but that doesn't explain what happened.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]