the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: I/O Error
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:43 am 
Why the hell is this bug *still* around? For one thing, if the stupid program could even handle the error properly, it shouldn't need to be end tasked every time. Second, fix the damn thing already, the developer has had what? A year on this one. *shakes head*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:37 pm 
This isn't such a big bug :/
You probably didn't shutdown BT properly and it's still running in the background, that's what causes the I/O error.
If you have WinXP of something like that you can use the taskmanager to turn it off under the services tab.

And don't go around bitching at the developer, try making your own piece of software and you'll see that it isn't easy to make a bug-free program without loads of effort.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:54 am 
The problem, that i have, is, the program unable to open files, those does't want to download (with priority on "Details" menu :arrow: "never download" option). :(
That make BT hang :arrow: must be closed :arrow: new hash progress.

I don't know, is it not a big bug? :?:

May be you can fix it on new version :D

Post subject: I/O error
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:15 am 
Sure is an old problem. Appeared with the introduction of the selective files downloads from multifile torrents. Probably a bug in BT because I experienced it an several different systems (winXP, win98). Sure would like to see it fixed... (no intention to put preasure on programmers, but nevertheles plz!!! fix it)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:40 am 
It *IS* a bug. There is no denying it because I do regulary clean out processes from task manager and I assure, each and every time, only one process of btdownloadgui.exe is running when it happens. All I can tell is it locks itself out of a file every now and then working with multi-file torrents. I also notice that sometimes when it rehashes the files, some that should be seen as "done" get set to 99%, again, another bug, or the cause of this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:34 am 
i just encountered the same problem, and i got rid of the other bittornados running in the background.
the file started up ok (as in it was checked and everything was ok)
but then it STILL says IO error: [Errno 13] permission denied
:cry:

can anyone help me with this problem please

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]