the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Problems
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:25 am 
First off: Bit Tornado is Great!

I had it working on my old system. On my new system however...

I have an A8N-SLI motherboard, Windows XP Home (installed from a cd with SP2 on it already), using the NVidia Firewall. When I first tried to use a torrent I got connected with a yellow light, the download was slow, I don't think I was seeing nearly all the peers or seeds on the torrent though... I then went into the NVidia firewall setup and opened the port range that I set BitTornado to use and the light went green after a few seconds. The download speend went up to 10K for a few secods but then dropped off to 0, the number of peers and seeds dropped as well. I then tried to use my browser to google a fix but it seemed that my entire internet connection was hosed. After further investigation, I have observed that when BitTornado is trying to download it hoses the entire internet connection. If I connect to a torrent that I have already downloaded it seems fine and I can give my maximum bandwidth up. The torrent that I tried in this test only had a few peers where as the ones that I was trying to download had a lot. I see a few 4226 errors in event log so I increased the number of connection attemts to 1000. I can see more peers and seeds but still no download... I am sure the Windows XP Firewall is off. As I am getting the green light I do not think it is a firewall issue. Any ideas?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]