the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:33 pm 
I have this problem with bittorent, I do few downloads after they upload to 1:1 ratio I click finish on them. Though they still remain in the process list, they consume memory mostly, on cpu power at all but I have about 1gB of memory, physical memory drop to 300mb when I manually end bittorent prcoesses my physical memory increased to 700mb. I know if I reboot or manually remove process I free up memory but is there a fix for that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:33 am 
its a ongoing problem that lots of people are posting on,am sure shadow is aware of this and hopefully looking into it ,are you using T.0.39? if so try downgrading to T.0.38 as it has worked for various people,heres a link for it but make sure you scan the file as there is a post from shadow telling people to be aware of nasty little surprises from unoffical sources

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:37 am 

sorry i forgot to post the link as well as logging in :oops: http://www.222soft.com/down.asp?id=6432&no=2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:29 am 
o.k thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:36 pm 
Even the new 3.10 release has the memoryproblem as in 3.9
Very strange...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:44 pm 
Yup....Running Win2000 and 3.10 isnt unloading from memory when shut down like 3.09 was doing. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:32 am 

Strange. It works perfectly for me, dropping out of the task manager after its final attempt to contact the tracker. Did you let it sit for a while? It sometimes takes a few seconds to perform its final announce, or time itself out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:01 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Yup....Running Win2000 and 3.10 isnt unloading from memory when shut down like 3.09 was doing. :(
Same here. 3.10 is still staying in memory. Running XP sp2.
Still need to uncheck minimise in options so it dont stck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:20 am 
After 10-20 minutes it goes out of memory indeed but long after all attempts to connect with tracker - XPSP2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:21 am 
TheSHAD0W wrote:
Strange. It works perfectly for me, dropping out of the task manager after its final attempt to contact the tracker. Did you let it sit for a while? It sometimes takes a few seconds to perform its final announce, or time itself out.
After a few minutes its still there here. Maybe i should wait longer and see what happens.
No big deal though for me...to unstick i just uncheck minimise in prefs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:22 am 
Guest wrote:
After 10-20 minutes it goes out of memory indeed but long after all attempts to connect with tracker - XPSP2
OK..thank you..i was not waiting long enough. Thanks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]