the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:27 pm 
I was trying to download a xbox game torrent.
Got one major problem in my house..a selfish downloading freakish borther.

Prob is that I am not "allowed" to download anything,and if i do,he screws my downloads up.

Now the major prob,I was downloading,happily,almost done 86% or so.Then my brother came home,sees whats going on my comp and "pauses" it.
I come home,find a "note " in mspaint,rather rude shit for that matters.OKej,he´s not home,so I tries to resume,when I do that i get the message bad data from tracker and sometimes connection timeouts.

Is there a way to disable and screw downloads in BitTornado in the menus,some settings or so?
I think thats what he did cuz I checked with other torrents.

I have a router,bt no probs with that.No firewall enabled..and his owrks on his comp..

Truly,I am in vain due to limited usage of internet cuz of a snotty little brother.*sobs*
Thanks for reading this little rant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:58 pm 

Screensaver + Password = Success

"Bad data from tracker" suggests an actual tracker error.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:15 pm 
I am afraid the actual problem then is that there is no way to prevent that little scum to disconnect my downloads,if I dont...ahem..do some major errors on his puter,but that would be really low of me..

He can yank cables out,he did that before hen I had 2 networks cards in my comp.I thought I could have some easier time with him buying a router...not a signle bit of gratefulness either..lol.

I am sadly aware of that this is a tech major problem forum.I just like to rant.

But thanks for the info on whats wrong with the tracker. I´ll try to see if I cand find a better one than the one I had now..
The first torrent was in a decent speed,the other one was like 1 KB..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:33 pm 

Why cant you guys share the connection half goes to him and half goes to you is that too much to ask for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:45 am 
I have nothing against sharing,but he is selfish.

He didnt have to share a bit till I moved in,but I am counting the days till i can move again.

Its too much to ask of him to share,but I am really tempted at using a internet sharer prog..maybe netlimiter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:27 pm 

It costs a little money. You could just get your own broadband. Like if he has dsl get cable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:31 am 

have you thought off fixing the problem with a very large stick :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:01 am 
I found that sibling troubles are effectivly halted with a swift kick in the nuts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:10 pm 
I am a pacifist..lol.I made a small compromise(sp?)

I hope that will solve my probs..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:31 am 
How old are some of you kids here???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:40 am 

whats the matter WTF you aint got a sense of humour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:49 pm 
How old are some of you kids here???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:53 am 

god your miserable wtf,i bet your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/kids/mates just love your sense of humour,come on wtf life is to short to complain about trivial things like this mate :D :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:54 am 
Simply put a password on your annoying bro's comp or something so it wont work..or stop HIS downloads or delete a few of his games..thatll teach him

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:41 am 
I solved the prob with my bro,all I did was to take advantage of his controllish behaiuor.

All I did was to say to him that he can download,even my downloads,in his own pace.Gets my files much quicker now.
I think he wants to know whats happening to the connection,nothing else.this way I get my stuff,and he can "monitor" things.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]