the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 am 
Hello,

I have this error that is driving me crazy. I got this torrent file which has multipule files inside to download. now I only need 1 file which is 300 mb out of the total package of 900. so what I did was, put the file that I needed on 'download first' in the priority setting. and the other files on 'Never download'. if I don't do anything it does work, and I have no problems.

but when I go to bed and shut down the PC and restart it in the morning. it gives me an error that the download has failed. and when I try it again it gives me: 'IO Error [errno 13] Permission Denied'.

and no, my permission with the tracker has not been denied, because I can just restart it all over again. however ofcourse this is quite annoying seeing as I already had 200 mb's and now I just gotta do it all over again.

anyone know what to do with the problem?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:57 am 
:cry:
I've had a similar problem - when I select the 'never download' option for a file, then sometimes it seems that the client still tries to send this 'ghost' file (which has already been allocated, but doesn't actually exist) to a peer requesting it.

This results in an error message similar to 'can't find the file being requested', and the program locks up and cannot be closed. The only way to close it is over the task manager, which means that all the resume data and even a lot of the downloaded data is lost.

Strange, but true...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:18 pm 

Yes, and for the life of me I can't figure it out. Unfortunately the system I devised is rather complicated and I'm gonna have to take it apart and reassemble it to figure out what's going wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:31 pm 

Just as a note, disabling the deletion of files marked as "download never" at shutdown seems to avoid the IO Errors for me when restarting torrents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:38 pm 

I'm sure it would, but it shouldn't be accessing those files in the first place.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]