the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:29 pm 

Hello,

I think I've messed up my file associations - Bit Tornado does not open .torrent files when I double click on them. This happened when I uninstalled BitTorrent... I tried to manually assign Bit Tornado as the default program, but my PC was having none of it. Instead, it kept assigning Internet Explorer! I eventually changed the settings manually by editing out the path for the program, but now I get:

error: Too many args - 1 max.
run with no args for parameter explanations

Now I'm not sure what/where the arguments are. The strange thing is if I run Bit Tornado and then select a torrent, it seems to work "fine". So my first question is "is there a quick fix?". If not, is it easy for me to uninstall and reinstall Bit Tornado without messing up my .torrent files, and is BitTorrent needed?"

My final question is to do with error 10047. I was happily torrenting a few days ago for a couple of weeks when one morning my PC wasn't working quite right - there were error messages with the torrents that had finished downloading, and some text in my OS seemed bigger... This all seemed a bit sinister, so I rebooted and tried to continue only to get the 10047 error message as well as not being able to download things generally... Does anyone know what's going here? I do know that the site where I got the torrents was undergoing an overhaul - is this the problem?

Many thanks in advance!

Uplah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:36 pm 
http://bittornado.com/download/special/ ... nstall.exe
try using this. It is latest which fixes bug that client stays in memory after you close it. What OS? What client exactly are you using? Generally reinstalling should fix it. If it doesn't sounds like os error.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:41 pm 

Wow, quick reply!

I am currently running Win Server2003 Enterprise. I originally had the latest BitTorrent installed, and recently installed BitTornado, however, after uninstalling BitTorrent less 30mins ago, I lost the .torrent association with Bit Tornado...

Is it recommended that I install Bit Tornado back over, or uninstall it first?

Cheers!

Uplah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:14 pm 

Uninstall. You said you did. Reinstall.
Running server software is not recommended unless you are actually serving to other pc's. Like as In a thin client setup.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]