the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:03 am 
Hi im new to all this but have spent many hours reading but still am a bit confused.
1- reason is I cant get my uploads to go any faster then 30kb/s
they are usually around the 4 - 16 kb/s area and doesnt matter what I do they wont speed up.(I like to leave the file opened after i have downloaded it till i have a share ratio of 2/1 but this takes for ever since i cant speed uploads up)
(im on cable with unlimited download and capped 128kbps upload)
2- my download speed varies fron 2kb/s up to 250 kb/s but 90% of the time will never go over 30 -50 kb/s now I realise that speeds are deependent on uploaders speeds but when I look in the advanced section I see others downloading at up to 600 kb/s which pisses me off if im downloading at a very slow rate.as this means that the uploaders arnt slow its somthing to do with me.
at times there can be 50 seeds and 150 leechers and a lot are downloading at high speeds yet im stuck uploading and downloading at a shit speeds.
and is it because i cant upload fast that sedders and leechers have got and astris in the choked and snubbed bar?
What could be the cause's
I have green light all the time
No router
And all ports in and outbound opended through my norton firewall (couldnt figure out how to just set the standard ports)
port settings on bittornado are from 10000 - 6000 and random is on.
any ideas on what coud be wrong?
thanks in advance

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]