the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:55 am 
Hi to all,

I've tried BitTornado for some days now. I use a 2 Mb dsl connection with automatic IP address (I don't have a permanent one for the moment). After about 2 minutes, everything's fine (download between 15 and 25 kB, upload about 7 to 10 kB).
The light is green (XP home edition SP 2 is with active firewall, but opened for btguidownloads).
But some minutes later, all stops, my IP address has an invalid value (0.0.0.0). In the task bar I can see the distant screen flashing, but the local one is not.
At this stage, I'm not able to connect to the net anymore and I must reboot the system to get a new IP address and relaunch BitTornado to reload some MBs.

If somebody has an advice, TIA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:17 am 
For information, I uninstalled last night BitTornado and installed Azureus, with exactly the same result after maybe ten minutes.
I can't figure out what's wrong, even after reading other (sometimes very long) posts in this forum.
Any ideas ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:40 am 
I've had similar problems for a long time. Here's what to try

- Update your network card drivers
- In Pref, Advanced changed Max Peer Connections to 60

I tried both of these things and I was still having the same problem although it didn't happen as often. I then replaced my network card with a brand new one and now I don't have that problem at all.

It used to frustrate me to my wits end. I hope this helps solve your problem!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]