the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:51 pm 
Hi guys, I'm using bittorent shadows experimental around 2 weeks and I was actually very content with it up to now primarily due to the fast download rate (I mostly got a rate of 50-80kb/s) but since one... two... days my download rate is suddenly very low (maximal 10 kb/s) no matter which file I try to download and it also seems to be unimportant how many leechers/seeders are available for this file even if there are lots of available I have still a low download rate.....I have already checked the ports whether all of them are open (yes they are) and I have this green status light...... generally I can say that I haven't changed anything in the settings of bittorent
so what can be the reason for such a sudden low download rate ?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:03 pm 
I have the exact same problem aswell. I'm now using Azureus because its downloading normal. However, i would like to go back to Bittornado.

Any help??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:25 am 
yeah man I have the problem as well
most of the files can't be downloaded anymore because emule is even faster than bittorent now (I know it's a bit exaggerated but I just want to describe the problem as far as clearly :D )
so are there any probs ?!?!?!?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:26 am 
Hey !

Same prob here....even had 80 kb d/l on my dsl most times, now d/l and u/l most times around 10 kb each. ports are all open, disabling firewall won't help.

Perhaps a prob with our provider ?

Anyone of you in Germany ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:03 am 
same here in austria, since 2 weeks - much slower downloads here. only "well seeded torrents" e.g. 10 seeds 3 peers provider me good speed. the problem. there was no problem when "everybody" used 1.0.2 of bitttornado...

:arrow: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 2:42 am 
I have same problem too. can't use bittorrent anymore :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 12:51 am 
no problems here, haven't noticed any change at all?

Sometimes I get a torrent that freezes all other torrents UL/DL. I just shut down the offender and start an other one => everything returns to normal :)

Really happy with shadow thanks alot man.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 7:50 pm 
Could you please, guys, post your settings here... let's try to find some pattern...

My settings are:

Country/Location: Brazil - Rio de Janeiro
Network: Cable 256Kb/s DL : 256Kb/s UL
Speed Testing: 224Kb/s (find your nearest Speed Test Site in dslreports.com)

BitTornado Settings for: dsl/cable slow
Upload rate (kB/s): 13 (in a range 10 - 40)
Max uploads: 4 (in a range 4 - 20)

I get the same 10KB/s limit (maximum 12K-14K), usually 2K -4K DL rate...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 4:16 am 

Well Adem you are pretty far away.... plus the Brazilian network aint as good other countries since most people cant even aford it....

Experiment with settings mess around with it so you can find your cap (the limitations on how fast you can upload download).
Remember not to upload completely or you will kill your download speeds.

Also open up more ports... i have 6881 -7100 and i get stellar speeds.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]