the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:49 am 
Currently using BitTornado T-0.3.10 , WinXP Pro SP1 , DLink Modem/Router/Firewall.

I have a problem if I set the priority to Download Never and I stop BT and then try to resume at a later time.
The client will try and write to the files that are set Never Download then fail causing the torrent to not function. The only way around it is to set all the Never Download files to anything but Never Download and then reload the torrent again and then Set the files I don't want to Never Download.
This can be tedious cause once again the client checks all the files again on reload which is a killer on eg:8GB files that I only need 5GB of and have say 4GB down, chews memory and performance while it checks let alone the method to get the torrent going again.
To me this is definately a bug in the client and the way it handles the Priority side of the downloads on resuming.
Some people/servers have said use a client that better supports downloading only the files you want/need , but since BitTornado offers the function in it's interface I was hoping it would work correctly (Geez what do I want for free..sorry).
Apart from that BitTornado is my prefered client as it's simple clean and offers exactly what I need and fuctions great (apart from the Never Downlod when trying to resume).

Thank You for an great client , IMHO BitTornado is the bees knees.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]