the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Wish List
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:16 am 
Sorry if I am posting in wrong forum:( .. I couldnt find any other place.

My suggestion is that many sites apply ratio rules so as to make torrents pure anti leecher. To implement this all the changes need to be done in tracker which slows down the tracker and also creates bugs and doesnt give perfect stats if client is disconnected/reconnected.

My suggestion is if suppose there is a variable hardcoded in tracker named "ratio" which can be set like i set to "1".

Then when the client starts, it should check for the ratio which tracker has specified and work accordingly eg. if ratio specified is 1,

The client should check after completing 95% that whether it is maintaining ratio => 1 or not. If it doesnt not, it should only allow upload and stop download until it reaches the desired ratio specified by tracker

(By checking at 95 % we make sure to get atleast .95 ratio out of 1. These checks can be multiple also at regular interval to enhance the whole thing)

My another suggestion (Forgive me if I am asking for more, i just want to improve the bt community as the future is bt )

The client should have an optional functionality for login system ie.

when client starts, it can have an option to ask username and password which can be sent to the tracker.

The tracker will reject if it doesnt find the username and pwd correct.

I hope I see somthing like this in future as it will give some control to tracker owners also on how they want thier torrents to run.

Hope to see a version with something of this in future:D

Thanx for reading :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]